Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, new member here.

I have just purchased a new M&P 15-22 and have put approx 500 rounds through it so far. Every 25 round mag (S&W) I am getting 2-3 feed failures. I have tried CCI Mini Mags first (300 rounds) and then Federal (200 rounds). I have the same issue with both types. This has been a very frustrating experience as I have had to drop the mag to resolve the issue. Some rounds get jammed in the mag sticking out of the top and is difficult to pry loose, see picture. Others are getting the head of the round scraped by something in the feed process, see pictures. S&W are closed until 2nd Jan so I thought I would put the question out to you experienced folks and I am sure I will get the answer. Thanks for your help

Round Stuck in Mag.jpg CCI Mini Mag.jpg Federal 22LR.jpg

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
+1 ^^^^ On mine, I found that if I pull the loading button down and drop the rounds in, then mine will jam. if I push each round in under a little tension, it will feed perfectly. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nmshieldshooter and Mac23, thanks for your replies. For the last 2 Mags of 25 each, I specifically checked that they were staggered properly as I was loading. I kept the loading button only slightly depressed as you stated to keep the tension on the loaded rounds. Still the same feed problems. Do you think it could be because I was using hollow points? I have a load of CCI AR Tactical solid copper plated being shipped to me that I can test to verify. I have not been able to find anyone having issues with hollow points in the 15-22. My search for a solution continues . . .

·
Registered
12,656 Posts
I have had one for 6 years and never had a problem with all sorts of ammo, as long as the mags are loaded correctly

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
+1 ^^^^ On mine, I found that if I pull the loading button down and drop the rounds in, then mine will jam. if I push each round in under a little tension, it will feed perfectly. Good luck.
^^^^^^

Has been an issue since the 15-22 first came out a decade ago. Above well describes it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your suggestions, most helpful. BTW, I ran 100 CCI Stingers through it yesterday with no feed issues, I focussed on loading the mags properly. Will try some Mini Mags over the weekend again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts