Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my Range Saturday and my gunsmith friend showed this to me and I picked it up. I have the PMR 30 and has been flawless for last five years. Well this one is the Kel Tec P 17 and is a blast, literally. Looks like Frankenstein with all the fasteners but is well made. The grip is just wide enough to fit my hands very comfortably. It weighs about 12 ounces fully loaded and came with 3, 16 round magazines. Also has adapter to add to the barrel to make it threaded. cost was 175.00 and is just plain fun. I put 150 rounds through it of various lead and plated loose rounds I had with no issues at all. This little gun will never replace the guns I use in competition but is just plain fun for plinking or just plain fun.

thumbnai1.jpg
thumbnail2.jpg

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I like it. Very mechanical looking. Wish I could buy one here..but not allowed. I may have my Dad in NH buy one, so I can test it out..;)

Reviews are out of the park good..and the price? Unbelievable. 3 mags too.

I've had nothing but excellent luck with all my Keltecs..matter of fact I'm bidding on a KS7..in green...

·
Super Moderator
19,371 Posts
Any gun that's reliable and fun to shoot is a good gun, and a good investment. Sometimes ugly is still a good thing, and this pistol excels in all 3 areas.

Congratulations on the find, and enjoy it in good health.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
22,174 Posts
Congrats on a nice score! Neat looking little gun. Glad it functions well and that you enjoy it.:cool:

Reactions: Boriqua and jeepnut

·
Registered
244 Posts
I tend to like the KelTec products. I have a .32 P3 that I carry fairly often and most recently bought this, a CP33, the one with the 33 rd magazines! After loading the mags a few times without a loader, I looked around and found this one made American Speedloader. The only problem is that my arms get tired before the mag goes dry!

CP33-3.jpg

speedloader.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
19,786 Posts
You should have a great time shootin' that!!! kfjdrfirii I've found that those speed loaders are really worth it! But, some are better than others. I use an Up lula loader for my Ruger LC9s. Apparently, SIG has a much better one, for the SIG pistol. I suspect that they only work for their pistol. Bob

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I think its neat looking!! I like all the fastners .. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I think its neat looking!! I like all the fastners
Ya know, with the proper Cerakote brass and copper detailing you could get all Steampunk with that little dude.:eek: :twisted:
Of course you would have to ditch the cool red dot in favor of a big brass telescope sight.
Something to make Artemus Gordon proud . Just sayin.

Reactions: RdrBill
1 - 15 of 15 Posts