Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Well,

It match's your great taste in guns...very nice Randall... :mrgreen: It appears to have several options, I believe I count three. Stainless, Stag, and it is Wristed....Does it have the fourth option of a compass ?

giz

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Giz... what is "wristed" :?:

G

·
0 Posts
Chris,

Wristed means that the knife is bored through to accept a lanyard. Believe this started with the Fisherman knives, as it would be a shame to loose one overboard. :mrgreen:

Some of the other knife lines from Randal were offered with this option.

Here is an earlier one from the mid- 1960's...

giz

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thank you Giz kfjdrfirii
I learn something new every day!

·
Super Moderator
32,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies, everybody. Yes, onenut, that is a birthday present from my baby brother. I can't call him my little brother since he is about 6' and 200 pounds and I am about 5'3" and 125! :shock: :lol:

After our mother decided she wanted to have a fun life instead of doing the family thing I helped my daddy raise Terry. He is 3 years younger than I am, and that was when I was 6 and he was 2, so he has alway been appreciative. He had a shoo in during HS since most of my friends already accepted him when he was a freshman when me and most of my friends were juniors and seniors.

Giz, you are correct on the guess. Stainless steel, stag grips and wristed(I had never heard that term either), but no compass in the handle.

It is a nice knife and should go well when we go out hunting, camping and fishing. :D

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Wendy you have a great little(Big) brother.I have three sisters and a brother all younger than me.But none of them would give me the time of day much less a nice knife like that.Now you gotta get out there and wack one of those big Texas deer and skin him with that knife.Of course you have to post pics for all of us to.

G

·
0 Posts
Wendy,

Bumped into your boyfriend on another forum today!!!!...

Seems like he might be a keeper.... :mrgreen:

giz

·
Super Moderator
32,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gizamo said:
Wendy,

Bumped into your boyfriend on another forum today!!!!...

Seems like he might be a keeper.... :mrgreen:

giz
Giz,

That is what I heard. Then I read the posts. Yes, he is a keeper, I just had to learn that he is a character. He is the sweetest, smartest and funniest person I know, also I have always thought he was attractive, but I am biased. ;)

·
Super Moderator
32,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
czyyskl said:
It matches the taste in guns. pretty
Thank you!

I think it made a great addition to the three that I already had. I just had to unpack some after making a move to locate everything. It is amazing how much you can accumulate over time.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
How did I miss this thread! Very nice knives Wendy! And a very belated birthday! I collect smaller knives, check these out:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts