Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.kimberamerica.com/k6s-dasa-4-target-1?j=269629&sfmc_sub=100872776&l=165_HTML&u=12036997&mid=100014401&jb=18
Kimber is moving beyond concealed hammer, concealed carry revolver and into DA\SA target gun territory with their new K6 DASA revolver.
Seems to me they are kind of missing the mark here with a not much bigger than a J frame target gun. The weight listed is 25.5 ounces. For reference, my 2.25 inch Ruger SP101 weighs 26 ounces and I wouldnt want to fire 100 rounds of 158gr magnums out of it in a single range trip. I get that economically it's a lot cheaper to modify what they have vs designing a new frame size, but with an MSRP of $989 I would expect a bit more gun.
Also for reference, the 4 inch SP101 weighs 29.5 ounces, which is still kind of light for a target gun and a 4 inch M 19 weighs in at 37ounces, and a 6 inch M17 weighs 39.9 ounces. To me, that is where you get into "Target Gun" size and weight. Looks like it would make a great trail of kit type gun where you need a 357 with good sights, but dont want a lot of weight, and you get 6 rounds too.
What do y'all think about a $1000, 25 ounce target 357? (Probably $850 - 875 real retail price)

Registered
I'm pretty fond of my Kimber Micro 9's & have looked @ & fondled the Kimber revolvers @ guns shows. They seem like a classy version of Ruger Wiley Clapp GP100's ($800) but fit & finished nicer. I haven't bought either & won't unless I get one for a much better price.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
In my opinion if it was more of a K\L sized gun it may be worth while. The size is great for trail walking and in your fishing kit, but who wants to do that with a $1000 gun. I think it looks pretty decent at least.

Registered
They can name it whatever they want, it鈥檒l be used for whatever people like, including not at all.

Registered
Did they do something to the rifling to make it a "target" gun, individually hand massaged or is it just the fiber and adjustable sight? I like to see new ideas and designs even if they are subtle and I like the looks of the barrel and cylinder. The grip panels look to be altamont and have that squared off rear profile that caused me nothing but pain so I dont think they belong on a "target gun"

In the end there are a fair amount of revolvers from ruger and s&w I would buy for 1000 beans well before the Kimber.

Registered
Bet it has a clunky trigger. I had to totally rework the trigger in my Kinber full size 1911 to make it workable. Stick Kimber triggers suck big time. People in Yonkers New York must weight lift with their trigger fingers...

Wait a minute, people in New York cannot posses handguns... It's a Cumo state.

Registered
The K6S trigger isn鈥檛 clunky, it鈥檚 slick and amazing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts