Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Don, in NOLA. I work part time at a gunshop I used to manage. I just handle the paperwork now.

I like revolvers and pistols. I've got plenty of rifles and shotguns, but handguns are my primary focus.

I've some Smith and Wesson Revolvers, and plan on acquiring more.

In fact, there's a 2" K-Frame barrel sitting right next to me, and a barrel less revolver in my cart.

What led me here is I'm considering buying a used .32 S&W top break . About half the nickel is gone from the plating. Seems to work just fine.

I'm going to poke around here, . . . , learn to use the search, and try to learn a bit more about that old revolver before I bring it home.
Won't be this week. I'm tired of filling out multiple purchase forms on myself.

Did I mention, I might have a problem.

In any event: Hello. My Name Is Don

This site looks very similar in layout and usage to RFC.

·
Premium Member
12,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: jpr and Curt360

·
Premium Member
21,846 Posts
Don, I be done gotta tol ya 5-4 times, Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! You may not have to fill out paperwork on the top break if it was made before 1899. But, don't expect too much value out of it. Most of them sell for less than $200 because S&W made so many of them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don, I be done gotta tol ya 5-4 times, Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! You may not have to fill out paperwork on the top break if it was made before 1899. But, don't expect too much value out of it. Most of them sell for less than $200 because S&W made so many of them.
Thank You for the Welcome.

Your estimation is about what I figured.

It's in the A&D Handgun book, so it'll have to be properly disposed of, to my limited knowledge. I could probably dispose of it with an explanation. I'd have to call and ask.

I do handload .32 Smith and Wesson. I've got ammo, and this one is screaming to be shot. I've got I Frame .32's, but this top break has some nice lines. Feels good in hand. Strong bore.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Screaming to be shot! I have used that line when describing why I brought another ugly gun home. I sort of feel sorry for the well used but not abused old guns, they just want to be shot. Like a wooden musical instrument wants to be played.
anyway welcome from south central PA. We have to tell you where in PA because some parts of PA are different, and I’ll leave it at that.

·
Super Moderator
14,887 Posts
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
and welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Screaming to be shot! I have used that line when describing why I brought another ugly gun home. I sort of feel sorry for the well used but not abused old guns, they just want to be shot. Like a wooden musical instrument wants to be played.
anyway welcome from south central PA. We have to tell you where in PA because some parts of PA are different, and I’ll leave it at that.
I lived in Kittanning and Apollo for a couple of years.

·
Registered
22,918 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My brother is in Covington and had a plant in Franklin so have spent lot of time there. Always like the Atchafalaya basin as always good food and fishing. If your problem is addiction to buying guns then you are in the right place. Just have a Hurricane and enjoy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum. My brother is in Covington and had a plant in Franklin so have spent lot of time there. Always like the Atchafalaya basin as always good food and fishing. If your problem is addiction to buying guns then you are in the right place. Just have a Hurricane and enjoy.
Please. No Hurricanes, and no Lucky Dogs

·
Registered
91 Posts
Don, welcome to the forum. There are many knowledgeable forum members that enjoy making their knowledge available to those in need. I think you will enjoy it here, but your wife won't. If she's anything like mine, she will complain about how much time you spend reading old forum posts to learn more.

·
Registered
34,702 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.