Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to this forum and am a fairly new handgun owner. My father gave me his 15-2, serial number K605328. I understand that it is basically a model 10 with a target sight. Can anyone tell me anything else about my gun - age, value, etc? Or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Your gun was shipped in 1964. It should have Magna grips on it, but could have target grips. Target hammer target trigger and target grips were options. We need a picture in order to tell you more. You can post up to 5 pictures per post. Anyway, look inside the right grip panel to see if the serial number of the gun minus the K is stamped there.

Reactions: blitzen25cat

·
Registered
make mine 45 acp 😎
4,039 Posts
welcome y'all... the model 15 combat masterpiece is a mighty fine revolver, those adjustable rear and ramp front sights make a big shooters difference over a fixed sight M10..

if it has its original diamond centered grips and is in good condition, it is a revolver lots of S&W accumulators would jump on.. 500 range plus or minus depending on condition and originality.. some guns will go less, some more... without seeing it, it is hard to tell..

·
Registered
23,435 Posts
Welcome from Arizona. You have a fine gun & chose a fine forum to hang out in. :D

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You've got one of the finest 4" barrelled revolvers produced. IT's second only to the model 14 which is the same revolver with a 6" barrel. The adjustable sights give you a great deal of versatility in your ammo selections and can easily be adjusted to put the bullets right on center quickly and easily. Once you find an ammo you like shooting, stick with it, and you should always be on target. Start with a standard .38 Special cartridge, and a 158 grain bullet. I prefer using jacket bullets to reduce leading and fouling in the barrel. There are many different bullet shapes and manufacturers to choose from.
Enjoy your new shooter and let us know how you like shooting it when you get back from the range with it. We would surely like to see some photos of it so we can tell you even more about it.

Regards,
Gearchecker

Reactions: blitzen25cat

·
Registered
19,899 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on keeping the gun in the family.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Hey V,

Welcome to S&W.

Start reloading NOW! LOL. (a man can never have too much .38 ammo)

Those M-15's really "like" bullets. (and are a blast to shoot)

Later, Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for a warm welcome. I absolutely love my revolver and especially appreciate that I can trust it if I ever need to use it. I have been to the range and only wished I'd brought more target ammo with me. It is a fun gun to shoot and I hope to be back at the range soon. I have a lot to learn. Gearchecker, I appreciate the info about the ammo. Guy, my husband served in Vietnam, Navy UDT. Thanks again, y'all. I'll stay in touch.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
M 15's

Hey Mrs. V.

That is a swell looking M-15!

Mine "eats" about 200 rds, every "outing". :D

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
Veldeah, she's decked out, for sure. I love to shoot the target guns when they are wearing target grips. There's just something about the feel with the gun in hand. If you ever get the chance, shoot one of the N frame guns with .38 Special...Model 27, Model 28, .38-44 Heavy Duty, Outdoorsman. It's like shooting a pop gun due to the extra frame weight. It makes target shooting a breeze.

I hope you keep on enjoying that M15. They are some of the finest shooting guns ever made. And, don't let that husband of yours take it away from you ;).

BTW, here's a picture of mine. Y'all stay with us now, y'heah?

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
welcome01to the forum from SE Indiana. Can't add much more than what the great folks here have already put outkfjdrfirii but I just can't pass up the opportunity to post a pic of my pre model 15 combat masterpiece from 1955...old LEO firearm with old Heiser holster with trigger guard cut out...old school stuff.:smile: Anyhow welcome aboard and that is a fine looking K38. Be safe and God bless. Regards. Dick 100_1311.jpg 100_1313.jpg 100_1314.jpg 100_1315.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum from sunny Florida.

Regards,

FlaRon

IMG_1178.jpg

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Vel,

Welcome and excellent intro revolver!
You might also refer to the model 15 by it's "pre" model name -- "Combat Masterpiece". It is as appropriately named as is Bangkok, Thailand.

(verybad)Mike

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very nice guns, I was fortunate to find one earlier this summer. How do these guns stand up to the +P rounds? I have only shot mine a couple of times but there is a trip to the range coming up in the next week.

Stinger

1 - 20 of 25 Posts