Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
I saw that in a snippet in one of the gun magazines recently. Haven't seen anything in person yet. I've always wanted a .243 so I'm interested. Kinda like a Browning BLR but MADE in the USA. (Yes I have a Browning Auto 5 made by Miroku in Japan and it is a phenomenal scatter gun but given the choice I almost always buy MADE in USA and Henry certainly deserves the patronage ;))

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Now if they offered a 10-15 round magazine...
I'm liking that nice , flush bottom. I bet it carries as nice as a Savage 99.
My wish list would be as long as their using that cartridge platform let's think outside the box.
Where is the 358 Winchester ? Or even a 338 federal.
That would be lever gun heaven.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I'm liking that nice , flush bottom. I bet it carries as nice as a Savage 99.
My wish list would be as long as their using that cartridge platform let's think outside the box.
Where is the 358 Winchester ? Or even a 338 federal.
That would be lever gun heaven.
Another vote for the 338 federal

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Looks like that rifle would be a real blast! In .243 Winchester it would be ideal for just about anything. However, I could really enjoy one in ... .338 Fed. or .358 Win. Put a little 1-4x Leupold on top and it'd be all anyone needed for anything that needed shooting in the lower 48. Why... if it was in your hands in Alaska, you'd be well armed for anything right on up to the big stuff! JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I do not mind switching from my lever guns to bolt action when I need long range and a pointy bullet. However, the lever gun with a box mag is a great option for left handed people.
I also like the flush fitting box mag. I never load up more than three anyway. When deer hunting I usually have three in the rifle and six on my hip.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I have a couple of Brownings (a single shot and a lever action Made in Japan) and find them to be excellent & accurate rifles. However I have to admit that my Henry's are as good a production rifle as I've seen, as accurate as can be, and just plum fun to shoot. Henry has gone "all in it to win it" on so many different variations of different rifles. It's mind bending. Brass, steel, case colors, rifles, carbines, special editions, etc. there seems to be no end. It reminds me of the early models & options once offered by USFA who seemed to be going in so many different directions at the same time. I really doubt they will be able to continue special production runs on so many different variations forever. I wish Henry nothing but success and can only hope some day they eventually offer that short throw carbine with color case receiver in .32-20!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts