Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a M&P40 on a online website and was already to purchase when a Glock 22 Gen 4 LE trade popped up and well I just couldn't resist. $299 with night sights. Decided to give it a try and save a few bucks. This will be my first 40 cal handgun. Hope I like it. Should be at LGS next week.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Saw a M&P40 on a online website and was already to purchase when a Glock 22 Gen 4 LE trade popped up and well I just couldn't resist. $299 with night sights. Decided to give it a try and save a few bucks. This will be my first 40 cal handgun. Hope I like it. Should be at LGS next week.
Sweet price .. If you reload take a good look at the brass. I had read a ton of stuff on glock bulge and can confirm that there was some of it with my G20 which prompted me to change out the barrel. I know they improved it with newer iterations so just take a look after your first outing and your gun might not be affected.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
The only Glock I have shot is a glock 22 a friend bough a few years ago. I believe its a 3rd gen. No problem with bulged brass on his. I dont like the way his gun feels in my hand, but in spite of that I have always shot it pretty well. He recently got a Shield 40 which I got to shoot. I was surprised that the Shield didnt feel much different than shooting plus p 9 in my shield

·
Registered
20,369 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Please post pics and hopefully, a range report afterward. :cool:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't gotten mine yet but went shooting with the LGS owner this morning. He brought these 40 cals- Beretta APX, G22. XD 40, and FNS 40. I shot the springfield the best but he knows I like Glocks or M&P's. Since he will be open tomorrow will probably pick up either a glock or smith. Still waiting for G22 to get here. Life is good!

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
I have a Ruger P94 and a Sig P229 in .40 S&W and like the caliber. A bit more power and snap than the 9mm without giving up too many rounds in the magazine.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I am a 40 fan. I shoot my Springfield 40 better than any other autos I own. For reloads, I prefer loading 180 grain bullets sweet shooting rounds imo.

·
Registered
20,369 Posts
I am a 40 fan. I shoot my Springfield 40 better than any other autos I own. For reloads, I prefer loading 180 grain bullets sweet shooting rounds imo.
Yep gotta agree but mine is 45 cal. My Springfield XD MOD 2 subcompact is one of my favorite semi-autos I own.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both guns are here! Got the G22 yesterday and took it to the range this morning. First 100 rounds done with no problems. Gun was clean no scratches, bright night sights, and looked like it was never fired. Picked up the G23 this afternoon and it will go to range hopefully tomorrow. This gun is brand new. I am really enjoying the .40 caliber. I will probably carry the G23 when broken in.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
G23 is a sweet shooting gun! Put 400 rounds thru it and I now feel confident to carry it. I will switch off between Kahr 45 and G23. I wish I had purchased a .40 cal sooner, i really am impressed with it. No wonder LE's like to carry them. I do not feel under-powered when carrying this gun.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a G22 that was a Detroit Police trade in. It was very reliable but had that "New York" trigger. It isn't hard to get it traded out with a standard trigger and makes a big difference. I like 40S&W pistols. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts