Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. Spencer from Indiana. Just purchased my first handgun the M&P M2.0 9mm 4" Compact. I'm researching holsters and since I'm new to EDC and CC I'm not sure what style / position I'm going to prefer. I saw that Alien Gear has a shapeshifter "starter pack" that includes 4 holstering options. However this is only available for the 3.5" or 4.25". For the noob here, does anyone know will the 4.25" version work with my gun?

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
welcome01 to the forum.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
75% of the retail gun sales right now are first timers. S&W has never sold so many guns ever in their history! There is better options out there over Alien gear. I have 2 of their 3.0's. I mostly have been carrying outside the waist band concealed. I haven't put my hands on there newer offerings. Looking like flimsy plastic junk to me.

If you dress right OWB I would say check out Phalanx Defense it's what I use a bunch.
OWB: Compact Black Holster
Stealth Operator, Right Hand

MSRP: $39.95 $34.95
SKU: H50050

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have a large vacuum seal bag full of holsters. Some I got with used guns that I've bought. ;)

·
Registered
24,320 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Super Moderator
19,531 Posts
Welcome to the best forum on the net.

Good luck finding the right holster the 1st, or 2nd or 3rd...... time.
You should go to a couple of different stores that carry guns, and try on different holster sizes and style.
Like TN622 I have more holsters in my collection than guns I wear. By the time I found my 1st perfect holster I had previously purchased 4 others, which I still have and use occasionally. I have an 18" x 30" x 6" tote that I keep my holsters in, and I have trouble closing the lid most of the time.

I prefer my Alien Gear Cloak holster the best for the pistol I always carry, and for most of my rotational carry pistols as well. I used to live 8 miles from the Alien Gear factory, and I have quite a few friends working there. I was lucky enough to have one of my friends working then the design dept, and he would give me new holster and mag carrying design so I could use them and they could get my opinion on the pro's and con's. I left Idaho before the latest Shape Shift holsters were designed.
To me Alien Gear holsters are made well, and the fit options covers a wide range of guns.

I wish you well as you're going down this rabbit hole.

Regards,
Gearchecker

Reactions: TN622 and Boriqua

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Gearchecker we are going to have you removed from TENNESSEE if you can't spell the state name in your avatar. :cool:

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Hi Eastbay33,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often. welcome01

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Super Moderator
33,330 Posts
Welcome to the forum! welcome01

·
Premium Member
11,527 Posts
Hello and welcome.

My preference for concealed carry is an all Kydex grip inside the waistband.

There are many available through people on Ebay.

Zorn makes a particularly nice one:

https://www.zornholsters.com/

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
welcome01Congratulations on new pistol and knowing what you have! I gave up on IWB and carry 9mm M&P Shield OWB leather scabbard or nylon strapped holster.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts