Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the guys I shoot with know about my Fugly Ruger Comp Revolver. For years I campaigned the old War Horse. Folks actually use to laugh at it when I came to the line... ;) Til' I shot it... :mrgreen:

So here's introducing Fugly II...

My 1911 Version of my old Comp Revolver...Going to give a try out next weekend...

giz

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
GIZ!!! Tht's not a 1911, that's a raygun! Couldn't help myself, old Limited-Class shooter here.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Eeeew! That is Eeeewgly*! Which end do the bullets come out of?

Not really. Well, yeah, kinda. A little. Maybe, sorta...uh, a lot. Like, do you have to hide it at the bottom of your range bag?

Weird lookin' gun ya got there, Giz. Did they have to pay you to take it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*Eeeewgly, 13 x ugly.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guns like that one are great at the line. The guy next to me gets a little disconcerted ~ when I play the tape of a phazer warming up, before I shoot. :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
The ejection port on my 300 Win Mag is smaller than that one's, Somebody stole the top front half of your slide but mounted a flute to the barrel,they dragged the butt of on the pavement while on a trip to Hardy's for a burger and then mounted a rear view mirror on it instead of a sight.

What did Forest Gump say? Ugly is as ugly does :mrgreen:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thinkin' of taking the Flitz to it next. Buffing it to a high mirror finish. That way I'll get to the side of the line that will reflect the sun in my competitors eyes...

Been thinking of putting some pink grips on it, too! :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
Should have added; If you get tired of the ridicule, put my name down :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mick,

She's a shooter allright. Workin' on load development this week. It runs a lighter springweight then I'm used to. The seated bullet is only a little more than an inch to the first port. The ports are angled forward.

So I've got to come up with some reduced loads with lighter bullets. Should be going for minimal muzzle flip, with this one.

giz

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
seems like a good place to start would be a load that a short barreled 45 likes. like a Para-Ord P-12. or a Bersa

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had guys laugh at that one when I brought it up to the line. Specially the 1911 shooters...they want to know why I'd bring anything so f'n ugly to a steel plate match...?

Don't believe in all the years I've shot it, any 1911 has ever beatin' it... :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Gizamo said:

So I've got to come up with some reduced loads with lighter bullets. Should be going for minimal muzzle flip, with this one.

giz
I've got a great load for plinkin' and might be what you're looking for. I think it came from my latest Lee manual. It's 5.2 grains of H338/W231 and a 200 gr. FN fully encapsulated bullet. It's right at 800 fps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts