Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiocchi Ammunition has developed some interesting shotgun ammo to help with training. Tracer Shotgun Shells. These chemical tracer rounds are non-toxic, non-pyrotechnic, biodegradable and safe for any shotgun.

Makes me wish I hadn't sold my shotgun. Has anyone ever trained with this type of ammo with your shotguns? Just curious in how well this or other typed of shotgun tracer rounds work.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
100% of the "tracer" shotgun ammo I have tried or seen demonstrated is not really effective. Usually the tracer part is the shot wad or a few added tracer bits in the shot charge...and it rarely shows a true center of pattern, especially on crossing targets where most people need help with the proper lead. Practice makes perfect, not gadgets. Gimmicks make for empty pockets mostly. Im sure there will be shooters showing up with these shortly. It is always amusing to watch..:)

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
Exactly; there was a company in Reno making something similar as a training aid years ago; the product was virtually useless unless you were shooting at night; they didn't last long; and their product was priced at several dollar per round........
If you're having trouble, have a good friend/shooter stand close behind and watch you shoot or get a shotkam and record your shooting to review later. Most folks miss behind in some fashion (includes over or under depending on target presentation) or they lift their heads to peek to see if they hit the target.

Reactions: Curt360
1 - 4 of 4 Posts