Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it’s really unfair to call a Model 16-4 an old beater but this one has a ton of pitting and finish issues mostly on the left side. As such I didn’t feel bad reaming this one to .327 Federal. I purchased this from a good friend at a good friend price and the factory finger groove stocks were long gone. I installed a pair of factory target stocks but really wanted something with finger grooves to help support the 8 3/8” full underlug barrel. These popped up on the big auction site and I was the only bidder. This is my first time trying wood Hogue grips although I’ve owned many pair of their rubber grips and always liked the feel of them. So now I have camo stocks on a target revolver. They feel great but I’ll just
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood
have to be careful where I set it, I might lose it.

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Hey Mark,

Great!

They made a song.............."..........32 gun in his pocket full of fun..........." :LOL:

Bet that shoots LIGHTS OUT!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Looks great!

As for losing track of it due to the Camo grips.... you have a long way to go before you can match this.

Rectangle Font Magenta Signage Circle

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had to try out my new grips during a stint at the indoor range yesterday. I guess you could call this some bass ackwards shooting as I reamed this Model 16-4 for .327 Federal but decided to try some .32 S&W Long rounds that I loaded recently. With the long tube and full underlug it's pretty much like shooting a .22 rimfire. This target was at 15 - 20 yards shooting pretty quick D/A. So the rounds are pretty accurate and the grips are nice so it's a win win there.
Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel Red

1 - 11 of 11 Posts