Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,877 Posts
Nice! I bought one of those, used back in July of 2019. At the time, gun sales were in a slump and sales/rebates were everywhere. The LGS had a 1 day only, cash only, 20% off sale on all their used handguns, and they had a bunch of them. I had been eyeing this 3 inch 686+ for about 6 weeks. It was priced at $599.99. I drove to the shop and was there a few minutes after opening time and quickly snagged the 686. While I was filling out the paperwork the clerk answered a phone call. It was someone asking about the 686. Glad I got there early and with 20% off, I got the gun for $479 and change. Best of all, the test fire date was my birthday!
They shoot just as well as the 4 inch, but I have trouble remembering that 7th shot sometimes

·
Registered
11,582 Posts
Sweet!

Pocket full of FUN!!

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! I bought one of those, used back in July of 2019. At the time, gun sales were in a slump and sales/rebates were everywhere. The LGS had a 1 day only, cash only, 20% off sale on all their used handguns, and they had a bunch of them. I had been eyeing this 3 inch 686+ for about 6 weeks. It was priced at $599.99. I drove to the shop and was there a few minutes after opening time and quickly snagged the 686. While I was filling out the paperwork the clerk answered a phone call. It was someone asking about the 686. Glad I got there early and with 20% off, I got the gun for $479 and change. Best of all, the test fire date was my birthday!
They shoot just as well as the 4 inch, but I have trouble remembering that 7th shot sometimes
I remember you buying the 686 , I had a 686 Plus Snub with Ahrends.

·
Registered
22,044 Posts
Nice buy for $479 for a 686! The shops around here charge close to $600. They set their prices by checking the sales at Gun Broker.......which can be high, due to buyer's trying to out do each other! I don't think it's a fair way to price something. They should sell at a true market value!!!!

I only by at reasonable, lower prices.....or they can keep it! Bob

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Removed the side plate and no foundry crud like I've found in others, just dabbed out excess oil and installed the back plate . My sister from Iowa is still here and will finish it up with Never Dull when she out visiting with friends this evening

1 - 9 of 9 Posts