Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yea but... How do the sights line up for you? If you close your eyes, draw and bring the pistol to eye level, then open your eyes, do the sights line up vertically? The curved grip will bring the front sight up if it's low, and the flat grip will bring it down if it's high. Natural pointing is more important than looks - unless it's just a target gun. 3rd gen S&Ws are great guns.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ironically, I just did the exact opposite thing. I replaced the straight BS grip on my 910S with a curved one for a 5906 ( they are the same frame basically size wise )
Aesthetics aside, I prefer the curved to straight. Also replaced the plastic guide rod with a SS one for a 5906.

Before...
20200619_133758.jpg

After....
20200725_105246.jpg
20200725_105307.jpg

Actually more naturally pointable with the curved. To each his own.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea but... How do the sights line up for you? If you close your eyes, draw and bring the pistol to eye level, then open your eyes, do the sights line up vertically? The curved grip will bring the front sight up if it's low, and the flat grip will bring it down if it's high. Natural pointing is more important than looks - unless it's just a target gun. 3rd gen S&Ws are great guns.
I didn't know about natural pointing with curved vs straight grips thanks , have owned pistol several years just shoot it at the range

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've never heard of straight vs. curved in that way either, but it makes kinda sense. At least, I won't dispute it.
I also have gravitated toward curved grips when available. They just seem more comfortable with the curve in the palm. I guess you can say that choice is just another reason S&W is a superior firearm. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts