Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first K frame snub and I’m super pleased with it. Didn’t have the original grips so I bought some s&w grips, but they have no screw or escutcheons. It’s important to read the description lol. Still the ones that came with it aren’t too bad and I got a grip adapter and some Pacmyhrs. Hoping to take it out over the weekend. I renaissance waxed it, anybody with more experience know how to get it out of the finer print? Another lesson learned avoid waxing the print.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Now that is just plain Purddy !! Great pick up . You will enjoy it very much. and will quickly become one of your favorites

Shooting Report Please ASAP !!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
You would be hard pressed to find a better handgun anywhere. The Model 19/66 is my favorite revolver of all time. You done good.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
An old toothbrush (or your mother in laws current one..) works wonders to get wax out of tight spots. The 19 is my favorite 357 revolver although I prefer the 6" for shooting. I'd have to put the 19-3 right in the sweet spot of S&W production.You need some period correct grips for it now..:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An old toothbrush (or your mother in laws current one..) works wonders to get wax out of tight spots. The 19 is my favorite 357 revolver although I prefer the 6" for shooting. I'd have to put the 19-3 right in the sweet spot of S&W production.You need some period correct grips for it now..
I’ll probably buy another set of old grips. The screw and and hardware cost about as much by themselves

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
You are going to enjoy it. There is something about it,, I suspect it's the round butt, that makes it comfortable to shoot 158 grain jacketed bullets out of it. Yours looks to be in great condition, congratulations on a nice find.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s in fantastic shape except the missing grips. It dates to 1970. Hardly a mark on it. I’m really impressed. If any of you guys are out Loveland Colorado way check out Rekkrs gun store. He also has an Armslist store. He’s got a sweet looking 65 3 inch for sale I was eyeing but if anyone here wants to jump on it it won’t hurt my feelings.

·
Registered
22,148 Posts
Fantastic revolver! You did a great job cleaning it up. I have a 66 and if a nice deal on a 19 snubby popped up I'd jump on it. Congrats and enjoy.:cool:

Reactions: Bob K

·
Registered
203 Posts
Very nice, and I'm jealous... a 2 1/2" 19-3 (or -2) is #1 on my want list right now...

That looks like a very nice example, and the grips and adapter are perfect!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was looking at 4 “ ones but this one was about what I’d have paid for a 4” so couldn’t resist. I have a 66 no dash I’ll be picking up soon and a 5 screw 3 and half inch 27 on layaway (big thanks to Mr. Newell on that one). After that a model 29 is top of the list, almost impulse bought one at a gun show today but my reason prevailed. It was my fiancées reasoning but it still prevailed and even she was almost sold on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That looks better than my Father's 19-3 2.5" (.357)... but then, it has 20+ years of holster carry as my Father's service piece (Southern Pacific RR Police, he retired in 1992).

His doesn't have factory grips either - inside they are marked with "The Original Mustang Grip" and the number 3 in the right-side, and ASC in the left side.

Its serial # shows 1970 production, he bought it new in Reno, NV.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks better than my Father's 19-3 2.5" (.357)... but then, it has 20+ years of holster carry as my Father's service piece (Southern Pacific RR Police, he retired in 1992).

His doesn't have factory grips either - inside they are marked with "The Original Mustang Grip" and the number 3 in the right-side, and ASC in the left side.

Its serial # shows 1970 production, he bought it new in Reno, NV.

You can’t put a price on a gun like that though. Nothing wrong with a working gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
She's a beauty and they are typically sweet shooters. There's just something special about the pinned barrel and recessed cylinder models.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts