Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
make mine 45 acp 馃槑
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seeing a number of these 'new' 8" barreled 22's on various commercial websites.. Did the mothership release a bunch into the wild ?

Last time i looked for one of these they were scarce, but yesterday on GunBroke there were a ton..

Since i have a significant surplus of 22lr - thinking I'd give one of these a whirl..

Opinions? have a couple of red dots i could slap on it, might be a fun plinker..

Registered
They are in the wild and I picked one up at my LGS. My copy is an ammo eater. Been running Aguila standard and high velocity as well as Fed automatch without any issues. Really having a lot of fun with this thing.

Did I mention it suppresses well....... :giggle:

Registered
make mine 45 acp 馃槑
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are in the wild and I picked one up at my LGS. My copy is an ammo eater. Been running Aguila standard and high velocity as well as Fed automatch without any issues. Really having a lot of fun with this thing.

ahh.. picked mine up at the gun guy today... i have a ton of .22 ammo, and thought that i needed a little help controlling the population.. the 17's are fun but 6 or 10 at a time doesn't put a dent in it . will try some Fed automatch, have a lot of those sitting around.

was surprised how small/light the thing is - my daughter said it was like 'one of those video arcade guns' :p

going to try a strikefire red dot i had on the shelf on it - maybe a run to the range monday..

Registered
I have an original 15-22 pistol WITHOUT the sb brace Mine has a sling attachment on the end of the receiver. Would really like to get one of the braces. Anyone know if a regular SB3a brace will fit ?

Registered
I have an original 15-22 pistol WITHOUT the sb brace Mine has a sling attachment on the end of the receiver. Would really like to get one of the braces. Anyone know if a regular SB3a brace will fit ?
Not without some serious work and alteration, not a drop in affair with the original non braced pistol.

Registered

Put a suppressor on mine as well. I keep having FTE issues with my 15-22, I checked the extractor and am running the same ammo consistently. Any idea what I should do next to resolve the issue?

Super Moderator
My shop has received them, and myu guess is that we've sold at least a dozen of these. The fire control group and bolt mechanisms are totally different then the M&P 15-22 rifle. Since there is no buffer tube and spring they had to change the bolt group. This is not an AR style modular system. The teardown on the pistol is similar to the Hammerli, Mossberg, or H&K 15-22 rifles. It's a pain!

Registered
My shop has received them, and myu guess is that we've sold at least a dozen of these. The fire control group and bolt mechanisms are totally different then the M&P 15-22 rifle. Since there is no buffer tube and spring they had to change the bolt group. This is not an AR style modular system. The teardown on the pistol is similar to the Hammerli, Mossberg, or H&K 15-22 rifles. It's a pain!
Gregory, the 15-22 rifle doesnt have a buffer tube & spring, though the whole bolt assembly does pull out of the upper like an AR.

Registered
Put a suppressor on mine as well. I keep having FTE issues with my 15-22, I checked the extractor and am running the same ammo consistently. Any idea what I should do next to resolve the issue?
I bought a new 15-22 pistol about a month ago and was having similar issues as you. First I bought the Volquartsen Extractor, and it didnt really fix the problem. I noticed the EJECTOR was pressing on the bolt as the bolt goes into battery. It seemed the Ejector actually slowed down the bolt as it went home. So next I purchased a barrel nut removel tool so I could take the ejector off the gun. Once off I noticed the ejector had many burrs on the edges, so I took a small diamond file and cleaned up all the edges except the actual edge that grabs the rim of the spent case. This really fixed all my problems. The only other "upgrade" I did to the pistol is I bought a rifle recoil spring for the bolt and installed. This helped the bolt go fully into battery. It also allowed me to shoot ANY 22lr ammo I can find. cheap stuff to the expensive. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.