Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,953 Posts
The Harbor Freight Braun light is a dead wringer for yours with two exceptions. One, it's substantially brighter and two it's rechargable via a USB cable that stores under the back cap, so no batteries to replace.

Best part is it's about half of what you paid for yours....... :unsure: I'm sure both were made inChina.

·
Registered
19,953 Posts
I'm NOT a fan of USB rechargeables...just the way I roll. As far as brightness...200 lumens is fine for me..I don't need to illuminate the Sea of Tranqulity. The newly ordered one is 700 Lumens..I doubt I'll use it on that setting much. Sometimes less is more..

And I happen to like the Browning Buckmark enough to buy a genuine one..;).
So, you paid 25 bucks extra for the logo. Duh. I could see that if, and I say if, it was the ONLY game in town. It's NOT. Actually, I've seen it (Braun light) for around 15 bucks in the ITC flyer.

Both 'Genuine' made in China products....

I want the brighter one and the Braun has 2 levels of illumination, 700 and 200.

Same light, same place of manufacture (China), only difference is mine says Braun. The one I have is 700/200 Lumens. I much prefer Li-Ion rechargeable over batteries, even though I buy my batteries at HF too. Have their LED trouble light (Braun) as well. Dandy under hood light with a mag base and USB charging too..... 2 illumination levels with a flashlight on the end and the head swivels 180 degrees. I always have at least one open USB connector on the desk. Both of them use Panasonic Li-Ion batteries, bet yours does as well.

I buy a lot of stuff at HF. Why spend more when if you buy the good stuff like Icon tools for instance, they are as good as Snap-On, maybe better. I do know the Icon 1/2" drive reversing clicker torque wrench is more accuracy repeatable than a Snap-On or a MAC. I have both a Snap-On and the Icon. The Snap-On clicker was 600 bucks. The Icon was 105 bucks and there is no discernable difference in the two other than the etched in brand name. Have the Icon tool boxes too. As good as or better than Snap-On.

Don't care what you buy, it is your money. All I'm doing is presenting a less expensive alternate. Ours is 2 years old and had been flawless in operation. Wife uses it to spotlight vermin in the yard at night.

·
Registered
19,953 Posts
All I did was offer a less expensive alternative to the same exact light you bought. Don't be so thin skinned.. It ain't life or death, just a flash light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts