Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting serious about paying off the mortgage. Selling guns to aid the effort. Decided to take my M18-4 and M17-3 to the next show and put them up for sale along with a 455 Triple Lock (but that's another forum). Will also offer a number of other guns.

I have pre-model versions of both K22s so I figure I can live without them and not miss the model marked guns too much. Every dollar I put towards the mortgage saves me two dollars in interest so I figure that anything I sell I am actually getting three times the selling price and that helps soothe my psyche.

I have a terrible time trying to ship guns so I want to try to sell them locally first. If they don't go I might offer them in the classifieds forum.

I think they both look pretty decent.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Dr. Saxon.

Prices would be good.

What's up with the .455 New Century? That, I'm Interested in....

Drew

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TL is a badly refinished shooter. No collector value at all. Nicely converted to 45 Colt (I think S&W did it before shipping) and I have the letter on it. If you think you might be seriously interested email me.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Hey Sax... thanks for the honest appraisal. Based upon your "frank" statements I think that I'll pass.

I do so appreciate it.

Others may be interested in your offerings, so maybe posting prices would be a help.

Very best regards,

Drew

·
Registered
668 Posts
Got a price range on the 18-4? PM me if you have a serious "cash" number in mind you don't want to post.

.... in the attempt to help you salvage those many 'why did I ever buy THIS' models, you realize interest paid on mortgage is still tax deductible...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tax deduction doesn't come close to compensating for the amount of interest paid.

This is just discussion. If I actually offer anything for sale I will post them with asking prices in the classifieds.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
SP,
Some nice guns that somebody will gobble up!
kfjdrfirii
Don

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Hey SP, you have anything like a shooter grade 4" M-29 that you might be willing to sell??? :) If so...someone I know might be interested. :roll: Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts