Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Pawn shop took this in and he asked me if I knew anything about them. Well I know very little. Have found out are made in Las Vegas but stamped made in Bulgaria. Wonder if any were actually made in Bulgaria. The article stated they seem to be reliable but had issues with paint on barrel and gun. Was wondering if the 1974 on the receiver is the year made?it does have folding stock and a 30 rd magazine. The paint does look like may be one of the problem areas as it is rough. Guess was most predominate when being shot and paint would get soft and come off when got hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. That is how stamping looked, not real sharp. I did find out for the model 107 FR that they are not made anymore from Arsenal site.
Arsenal AK 47l.jpg

Reactions: combat

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Sure it’s stamped? Friend bought one about 10 years ago, all forged. They aren’t cheap, or at least, weren’t then.

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
I believe they cant import the commie guns, but the loophole is they can import parts kits. From what I read, the parts kit is almost a complete rifle and it has to have a narrow magwell that will only accept single stack magazines. The importer usually opens up the magwell to accept all common AK magazines, they add the parts to complete the gun, assemble it, and stamp it " Made in USA". I am not completely sure which parts have to be added in the USA, but if I remember correctly its only 5 or 6 parts. The receiver, barrel, furniture and bolt can all be imported, which really doesn't leave a whole lot. It seems like the firing pin may be one of the parts that is importer supplied but I am not positive.
I don't know anything about this particular manufacturer

Here, read this. It says that Arsenal is one of the better ones
https://survivalcache.com/quick-buyers-guide-to-imported-ak-market/

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
The receivers were stamped in Bulgaria and shipped to the US before the import band. The rest was assembled from parts in Las Vegas and the parts came from various suppliers around the USA . They work rather well

·
Registered
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure it’s stamped? Friend bought one about 10 years ago, all forged. They aren’t cheap, or at least, weren’t then.
Just the lettering. looks fuzzy. The parts are forged.

·
Registered
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe they cant import the commie guns, but the loophole is they can import parts kits. From what I read, the parts kit is almost a complete rifle and it has to have a narrow magwell that will only accept single stack magazines. The importer usually opens up the magwell to accept all common AK magazines, they add the parts to complete the gun, assemble it, and stamp it " Made in USA". I am not completely sure which parts have to be added in the USA, but if I remember correctly its only 5 or 6 parts. The receiver, barrel, furniture and bolt can all be imported, which really doesn't leave a whole lot. It seems like the firing pin may be one of the parts that is importer supplied but I am not positive.
I don't know anything about this particular manufacturer

Here, read this. It says that Arsenal is one of the better ones
https://survivalcache.com/quick-buyers-guide-to-imported-ak-market/
Thanks Jonesy, helps a lot.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Buy it cheap and have it cerakoted. They may be an ugly gun,but they sure do work very well considering their incredible simplicity.

·
Registered
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts