Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and need some info, please. I also belong to another S&W forum...but forgot where it was called, The Amper???
Anyway, I'm thinking of thinning the heard and need some info and an idea of today's value.
I have 2 S&W revolvers, one is a Model 65-3 round butt (?) 3", and the other a Model 64-5 square butt (?) 4" . No boxes or paperwork as They have had other owners.

I got the 64-5 from J&G Sales in Prescott AZ several years ago. They told me they( they had 3, we picked out the nicest ) were NYPD duty guns. Wish I knew the stories it could tell, lol. I think it has original (?) Pachmayr or Uncle Mike's grips. Being a duty gun it has a "bobbed" hammer. I think the NYPD armorer must have done a trigger job on it as it's the best, "buttery smooth" trigger out of any of my guns. SN: BDE5XXX
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

I got the 65-3 in a trade a few years ago and don't know anything about it. It's also in nice shape and has original wood grips. I thought I read somewhere these models were sent to police and highway patrols, but don't know for sure. SN: AYY3XXX

I would appreciate it if you guys and gals could tell me a little about these and what I could get for them either sell or trade-in.
I'll keep one of these.
The finish is smooth and shiny on both, pictures aren't that good.

Thanks for the info!!

·
Premium Member
21,089 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! You are probably looking for the Blue S&W Forum. That site hosts the S&W Collectors Association. But a lot of us hang out here because it's more fun and less intolerant. Looks like the 64-5 shipped in 1989 and the 65-3 in 1988. These are fairly popular acquisitions as they sell in the $350-500 range depending on condition. If you sell or trade them to a gunshop or dealer, you'll likely get 1/2 or less than that. Personally, I don't care for the bobbed hammer but it's an easy fix by dropping in a replacement with a tang. YMMV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! You are probably looking for the Blue S&W Forum. That site hosts the S&W Collectors Association. But a lot of us hang out here because it's more fun and less intolerant. Looks like the 64-5 shipped in 1989 and the 65-3 in 1988. These are fairly popular acquisitions as they sell in the $350-500 range depending on condition. If you sell or trade them to a gunshop or dealer, you'll likely get 1/2 or less than that. Personally, I don't care for the bobbed hammer but it's an easy fix by dropping in a replacement with a tang. YMMV.
I went to my email and dug it out of the trash...LOL. The Ampersand is what the email says, I get an update every so often but haven't gone on there in a long time.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
31,561 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Love that 3" 65.

Reactions: Ozark.357
1 - 5 of 5 Posts