Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this earlier this week and have been looking around trying to find info on it. I was thinking maybe a Parker. I put it next to my Leek for size. Has a tang stamp of JAPAN, and that is it. Carbon blade with brass and leather handle. I really like the wide blade. Any help from the experts is appreciated. James

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
James, I have been rackin' my brain for the past few days... can't for the life of me figure that one out. Just Japan on the tang, nothing on the base of the blade, closest to the hilt?
It is definitely a nice looking blade, and looks like it'd be a great tool to posess.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks F150guy. The closest I got to an answer was from a friend that owns two knife shops here. He said it is from a company that makes silverware that attempted to make hunting knives in the 80's that were of a "generic style". He didn't tell me the name but asked if it was for sale. I did not want to make money on it I was just curious as who the maker was and if others are still available. I have looked through Ebay and some of the bladeforums and can't find anything. Well my son actually has it in his room now, he didn't have a carbon blade knife before.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
looks like it could be a Hattori knock off, or an early hattori blade, or a craftsman's independant work that was at one time associated with hattori...
http://www.youwantit2.com/HATTORI.html

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are some sweet blades. Their hunter line reminds me of the Bark River hunters. Almost the same price range also. Thanks for that website. James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts