Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so.. I've got an old 29-2 N60XXXX that is missing the rear sight assembly. Thought it'd be easy enough.. ordered one and screw hole and length done match. Did some reading, found I needed an older square end sort, tracked one down went to put it on and it's got the correct screw size but the screw hole doesn't line up with the hole on the gun. So I guess what I'm asking is.. how do I find and order an appropriate length sight, cause I'm just dying to get this thing complete.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys, so.. I've got an old 29-2 N60XXXX that is missing the rear sight assembly. Thought it'd be easy enough.. ordered one and screw hole and length done match. Did some reading, found I needed an older square end sort, tracked one down went to put it on and it's got the correct screw size but the screw hole doesn't line up with the hole on the gun. So I guess what I'm asking is.. how do I find and order an appropriate length sight, cause I'm just dying to get this thing complete.

Electronics Bumper Technology Electronic device Vehicle
Rim Metal Office equipment

·
Registered
422 Posts
I recently tried to find one for a Model 28-2 (Highway Patrolman) but was told by one of the counter guys at Brownells that these sight assemblies were NLA. You might try the Gun Parts Company for a used one. Or, with a bit of machine work, a Weaver mount could be made to fit the slot on the top of the frame using the same mounting screws/holes. Then you could use any long eye relief scope or red dot sight you wanted to use! Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I recently tried to find one for a Model 28-2 (Highway Patrolman) but was told by one of the counter guys at Brownells that these sight assemblies were NLA. You might try the Gun Parts Company for a used one. Or, with a bit of machine work, a Weaver mount could be made to fit the slot on the top of the frame using the same mounting screws/holes. Then you could use any long eye relief scope or red dot sight you wanted to use! Good luck.
[/QUOTE
thank you for your input, think I found what I need at Bowen. It's undrilled and is gonna be a little ridiculously expensive but I'm hell bent on iron sights on this thing. Have a good one :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts