Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must cover trigger guard, outside waist band. Velcro strap ok (arthritis) and also ballistic cloth. Used or new for under $25. IDPA use.

Looked at Bulldogs but can't tell if they cover guard.
Thanks.

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
Well I'd suggest Uncle Mikes or BlackHawk products, they'd fall in that price range. You can find samples online from most gun supply companies. Check CDNN or U.S. Cavalry, places like that.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
If you go to gun shops a lot of times they have a box or barrel of old holsters. Many times you can dig through them and they will give them to you or only want a few bucks. Most people dont realize if you buy a can of saddle soap and some mink oil. You can clean up a scarred looking old holster and minkloil it and 90 percent of the scars go away and the mink oil softens up the leather.
You can also go into e-bay and there are tons of used holsters for sale. Other wise I would suggest looking at like uncle mikes holsters they are not leather but actualy are very funtional light weight holsters that dont break the bank.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much. Yes, those two suggestions are what I had in mind too but I'm not sure they make models that cover trigger guards. Difficult to find this information. I have an Uncle Mike's for my L frame 686 6" which I've used for years. I can't use it for IDPA though because 4" is the maximum so I don't care that it doesn't cover the guard. I just bought a used Model 64 4" for IDPA.

Well I'd suggest Uncle Mikes or BlackHawk products, they'd fall in that price range. You can find samples online from most gun supply companies. Check CDNN or U.S. Cavalry, places like that.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
As BC2 said Blackhawk or Uncle Mikes. Also e-bay, and Gunbroker for used.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I have a few of the Blackhawk holsters. There more of a universal fit type holster than leather holsters. There great for under the seat or glovebox use.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts