Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a large estate sale as I am a big gun collector but do not k ow the differences between variations! when I go to my gunvalue book for some reason the 19-1 is waaay higher than normal 19’s etc, only thing I could find one sold some time ago for 2450.00, mine does not have box etc, after sale talked to wife and come to find out this along with a bunch of others were duty weapons he was a Kentucky sheriff, I am looking to get as much accurate info as I am planning on selling some s and w revolvers along with other stuff to fund a cpl new items, Thanks and let me know what info you need! Also I’m new so if a need to do a picture please tell me how I have a I phone if that matters, Have a good day!! Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
21,089 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! The -1 version of a lot of S&W models indicated a change from right to left hand threads on the extractor rod. There is usually an L stamped on the breech face of the cylinder and a gutter between the knurled end and smooth body of the extractor rod to indicate left hand thread. This mod didn't last long before the -2 versions came out. Thus, there are a limited number of -1 marked guns. For example, there is only 1 known Model 28-1. As a collector, you know that rarity drives up values. That's why you see increased values for Mod 19-1 guns.

I recommend getting the app Tapatalk for your smartphone. Then you can post pictures you take with the phone directly to the forum. We do need pictures to tell you more and assess valuation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I downloaded the Tapatalk app and found the forum but it says my username etc don’t exist when I try to log into app!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts