Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, as the title mentioned I need some help getting a price on an air weight that I have. I was looking over a few threads and I am not seeing anything that matches along the line of what I have. Here are the details:

38 SPL 6 shot
There is a stamping on the arm holding the cylinder: A1 or A7 98497
Stamping on the butt: 9D559XX

Any additional info needed let me know.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
Most airweights are a 5 shot J frame. Yours is a 6 shot K frame, model 12 and appears to be in great shape. I have no idea what those run, but a wild guess is at least $500

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most airweights are a 5 shot J frame. Yours is a 6 shot K frame, model 12 and appears to be in great shape. I have no idea what those run, but a wild guess is at least $500
Thanks for the fast reply. Now you see my problem, I can find J prices all day, but hunting down this one is a bit of a challenge. We are getting ready to relocate out of the country so I am trying to settle out some of my collection that is not going to family.

·
Premium Member
21,089 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! The Standard Catalog of S&W, 4th Ed. that was published in 2016 says $500 for excellent condition. I'd say that is ballpark for your gun...maybe $50 more. The problem is that shooter revolver values have essentially stayed flat for several years. If you want to see what market is for this gun, go to gunbroker.com and look at the completed auctions to see what they have sold for recently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! The Standard Catalog of S&W, 4th Ed. that was published in 2016 says $500 for excellent condition. I'd say that is ballpark for your gun...maybe $50 more. The problem is that shooter revolver values have essentially stayed flat for several years. If you want to see what market is for this gun, go to gunbroker.com and look at the completed auctions to see what they have sold for recently.
Great information, and thank you for the reply. I will check that out and see what I can find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts