Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I need help. I recently inherited my grandfathers revolver since he passed away and to be honest, I didn’t even know he had it. It’s obviously a s&w of some sort but I don’t know what exactly. Serial number looks like G1340 or something similar. Maybe 61340. Any info would be great! Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,844 Posts
Need help identifying Grandfather’a revolver.

What you have there is a 32-20 Hand Ejector. We can tell you more if you give us the serial number off the bottom of the grip frame. Hard to tell from the pics but you may have to take the grips off to get to the serial.

Another name for the 32-20 was the 32 Winchester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the grips off and don’t see any serial number on the bottom, but it doesn’t look like it was scraped or anything. I did find Under the barrel it says B(or maybe 8), then a bunch of space and 9171. Then if I swing the cylinder out it says G(or maybe 6)1340.

·
Registered
17,001 Posts
Your gun is a 32 Winchester cartridge which is a 32-20. As seen in the boxes the older ammo on the left these were rifle and pistol ammo. With the cartridges the older is on the right. The newer ones are OK per Winchester to shoot in the guns. The "G" is more likely a 6. They are fun to shoot and that looks like a great old heirloom with a lot of history. Not sure on actual date as not near my book.
IMG_4075.JPG
IMG_4076.JPG

Reactions: Oldgungeezer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts