Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, recently inherited a S&W 32 Cal. Lemon Squeezer, ser. # 226116. I has 5 rounds in it that are so old, I'm afraid to fire them. Ammo has been in short supply but I found some at Outdoor Limited. Bought a box but they will not fit, the base of the shells have larger diameter than the older shells. Can anyone reccommend a sourse ot ammo that will fit thos old pistol? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Did you get 32 Smith & Wesson Cartridges? That is the size that should fit your revolver. It could be that the 5 old cartridges are the smaller 32 Short Colt cartridges which are NOT the proper round for your revolver. Your cylinder chambers may be very dirty if someone fired the short Colt rounds in it and need to be cleaned well before you can get the 32 S&W rounds into the chambers.

·
Premium Member
22,110 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! As others^ have stated, you need the .32 S&W cartridge. It is the short ones in front of .32 S&W Long in the back.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you get 32 Smith & Wesson Cartridges? That is the size that should fit your revolver. It could be that the 5 old cartridges are the smaller 32 Short Colt cartridges which are NOT the proper round for your revolver. Your cylinder chambers may be very dirty if someone fired the short Colt rounds in it and need to be cleaned well before you can get the 32 S&W rounds into the chambers.
Thanks for your quick reply. Being a new owner of this gun, I did not know there was a difference between 32 Cal and 32 S&W Cal. The five rounds in the gun are marked "S&W" and fit just fine, even if they are very old. The gun is very clean, I don't think it has been fired very many times. Now I begin a search for "S&W" ammo and all should be good. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.