Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
I am in need of a new 19-2 blue barrel in 2&3/4" length, or 3" if necessary. My existing one was mistreated by a previous owner. Does anyone sell old, or NOS barrels like this (pinned)? Any idea of a gunsmith near Houston, Texas who would swap it out? Thanks everyone! I have a WTB on the trading section, but NO hits.
Amanda

·
Registered
197 Posts
wow, any model 19 barrels are a tough find..we looked for months to find a couple for the shop, they had 'split' the forcing cones...the only gunsmith I know of in the Houston area is Alan harton, try him but he does moslty 'single action atuff, BUT one never knows, who knows , whom.......... fhfjjjj

Good luck, and Merry Christmas...................

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've been keeping tabs on gunbroker & all other fourms looking for them too.......
if I find one I'll share the infromation with you...... they are getting to be hard little buggers to find...

·
Banned
732 Posts
Shouldn't this thread be a "Want to Buy" in the classifieds? Incidentally, any one piece M19 barrel of correct finish and length will work as the threads are all the same. Pinning a barrel salvaged from a non-pinned model is a non-issue for a qualified pistolsmith.

Bruce

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bruce,
I have a WTB in the forum, but wondered if anyone knows a firm or individual who sells them, as I have had zero luck with the classified ad.
S&W told me no luck for older models. If I can find a current model barrel that will fit, I will use it.
Thanks.....Amanda

·
Banned
732 Posts
"I have a WTB in the forum, but wondered if anyone knows a firm or individual who sells them"

Then it's redundant and this still is a Forum for 'smithing questions. Possibly you though you'd get different answers from essentially the same audience by putting the same question in two different locations? Just curious.

:roll:

Bruce

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bruce,
Other than your continuous questions, I have gotten different answers from the supposedly "same" audience, so my method of gaining an answer seems to have worked so far. Many folks don't view the want ads, and those are some of the folks I am after. I now know the name of a gunsmith in my area, which should "fit" your requirements for the "Gunsmithing" section. I also know the name of a company that sold barrels to one member last year, learned from the want ads section. Two different answers to the same question posted in two different forum locations. If my method aggravates you, get the Moderator to kick it. I got what I came for, redundant or not.
Amanda

·
Banned
732 Posts
"Amanda"

Explains everything.

Incidentally, if you go two or more different answers to the same question, which is correct? If your looking for a vendor, that question probably belongs in the lounge but, hey, why bother to categorize Forums when folks thinks it's OK to put anything anywhere as long as they get an answer. That's the drift of your reply, right? Anything is acceptable as longs as it works.

Bruce

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Easy there kids.... This IS the Friendlier Forum.... So far we haven't had a problem with bandwidth and while indeed there is a need for order, we enjoy being helpful to anyone who has question where ever they put it up.

We have many valued female participants here and we enjoy corresponding with them all.

Unless I'm missing something here that happened in another lifetime, jumping up on each other here is very unseemly and not what this forum is all about.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sebago Son,
Thanks for the reminder. I don't have any idea where all the questions and criticism is coming from, as I just happened to use two forum sections in an attempt to find an obviously very scarce item and a local gunsmith to do the work. However, I will burst a bubble or two and let Bruce M in on a little secret. Amanda4461 is my Gunbroker and Ebay and every-forum screen name. I use it to needle my wife over a long-ago childhood gal friend. Sorry Bruce, I am 6'2" and 275lbs, not a lil ole 120lb Amanda-type girl. I buy and sell guns frequently, as I have done from Keith44 and Jose on this forum, and sometimes I even have dumb, girlie-type questions. And while I do most often shoot Master-class scores with a handgun, I have lost more than one contest against the girlie-types, so I learned not to look down my nose at them too often. How about you (Bruce) go pester some other lil boys, and I'll keep using methods that work for me to gain answers to questions. I am sure the Moderators will enforce their will if I go over the edge with a question in too many places. If you don't like my methods, please feel free to contact and complain in a loud voice to the Moderators.
Thanks!
Oh yeah, Merry Christmas. Don't stumble on that lump of coal I sent ya :mrgreen:
Amanda the not-so-girl-type

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Okay, you made your point. Would probably be best to just leave go of this now that both sides have vented their spleen.

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
Gentlemen,
Drew is right. This is the Friendlier Forum. Let's keep it that way.. thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.