Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, my current load is 4.2grains of Unique, 158grSWC, fully prepped case(REM.) and a CCI 500 primer for my M14. Looking for something new with a different powder. Anybody got a really accurate load?

·
Registered
90 Posts
For max accuracy (like for target shooting) try a 148gr. LWC over 2.7gr of Bulls-Eye powder.

It is about like shooting a .22 and the most accurate load I have ever used... I wish I could claim to have developed it... but it is a real old time load...

FWIW

Chuck

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sebago Son said:
For a little more UMMMPH, try 5.0 Grns. of Unique and a 172 Grn. Lyman 358429 Keith SWC. Great for small game and longer range shooting.
That's my favorite, and I've won matches with it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chrono'd my 4.2gr. load at the range today, ave. velocity was 754fps. SD was 9fps. Does that seem a little quick for the old-girl? S/N is 5K228xx it's a 14-3.

G

·
3.9 grs of Bullseye in a lyman cast 158 gr. RN from straight wheelweights. Typically the thrown weight is about 161 gr.
Winchester Small Pistol primers.
Also, I use RCBS lube with this load as it tightens up my groups over the Lyman lube.

giz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.