Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some friends and I are talking about taking up some night time varmit hunting. We've decided we'll use a calling device; wounded rabbit, etc. to get the game to hopefully 50 to 100 yds. What suggestions would you folks with some experience in this area have regarding the type or brand of callers and what sounds for coyotes, fox, and maybe a bobcat? There are all price ranges and different calls. We will not be too far from a hunter's cabin but we have no electricity other than vehicle batteries. We don't want to spend too much but we don't want to buy junk and then have to replace it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey Charlie, there used to be a couple of guys at the Austin and San Antonio gun shows that made cd's with different prey animals on them. They also sold the little speakers you attached to a portable battery powered player like an old walkman. The whole set up was concealed in a pelt they called a lure. I was thinking if you have an MP3 player you might be able to download something like they had made and get your own speakers and pelt for maybe cheaper than what a store would sell. Don't know how soon you need it but the new South Austin show is this weekend as well as San Antonio at the Freeman. Might be worth checking out. James

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there is probably an MP3 player around here somewhere. I personally have never owned one but I've financed a few. Thanks for the heads up on the shows in Austin and S.A. I'm gonna' try my best to get to one of them. I'd rather go to the Austin show but S.A. is just a little closer. Are you going to be at the Austin show?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I am going to try to walk the show but I don't have a table. It's on 35 and William Cannon in the old Target building. Haven't been to this show yet.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sounds good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts