Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had these grips in the closet. They were cracked at the bottom and had been repaired incorrectly. I took my Leatherman to them and carved them down to fit a K frame. Some sanding and oil and they came out ok.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Not bad look very funtional and not bad to look at either.First I heard of a leatherman as a wood working tool though. LOL

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
That type of job never works out for me. I have a dremel and I don't know how to use it j;zn;

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gents, I used the leatherman because I have better control over it than a Dremel.

Charlie, believe me you didn't miss anything. There were 20 tables and I counted 6 Smith's total show. These guys are new and don't advertise their shows very well.

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
I did the same thing to some N frame combat grips. I used a drum sander, in the right places,and then finished it off with some hand sanding. Came out pretty nice.

There isn't too much difference in the overall size of K thru N grips. They are all made to fit the hand. Just slightly different profiles to fit the frame. Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts