Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we stayed at the resort where my grand daughter's 'fiesta de quinceañera' was held. The English translation means "expensive, but crazy fun party for a girl that is just a couple of months shy of legally driving alone" or something close to that. It was fun, she was stunningly beautiful and it was surreal to see her in a ceremony where it seems like only yesterday she was a tiny 5 year old 'flower girl' commanding the very same dance floor at my son's wedding reception. I got to visit with all the kids and grandkids, along with one in attendance that has not yet arrived, but who we'll find out more about next weekend when her parents reveal the gender. That will be interesting since my grandson avowed to me that unless he gets a brother, he's coming to live with my wife and I. His older sister, while alone, said the same thing, except her demand was made if she doesn't get a baby sister...I hope their parents are prepared! :D I was glad family and friends were able to attend, some from out of state. Heck, even my wife's ex husband and his wife were very cordial, I was pleasantly surprised, especially for the kids. Besides the great food, adult beverages, music and dancing, they brought in a photo booth which was a popular thing going back many years, spurring my son and grandson to decide we needed a "Blackcloud" trip to the booth! Thank goodness they inherited my son's mother's looks!

·
Registered
19,881 Posts
Glad all went well for her Gala and that is a great view. Also an excellent trio pic that should have memories for all.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Last night we stayed at the resort where my grand daughter's 'fiesta de quinceañera' was held. The English translation means "expensive, but crazy fun party for a girl that is just a couple of months shy of legally driving alone" or something close to that. It was fun, she was stunningly beautiful and it was surreal to see her in a ceremony where it seems like only yesterday she was a tiny 5 year old 'flower girl' commanding the very same dance floor at my son's wedding reception. I got to visit with all the kids and grandkids, along with one in attendance that has not yet arrived, but who we'll find out more about next weekend when her parents reveal the gender. That will be interesting since my grandson avowed to me that unless he gets a brother, he's coming to live with my wife and I. His older sister, while alone, said the same thing, except her demand was made if she doesn't get a baby sister...I hope their parents are prepared! :D I was glad family and friends were able to attend, some from out of state. Heck, even my wife's ex husband and his wife were very cordial, I was pleasantly surprised, especially for the kids. Besides the great food, adult beverages, music and dancing, they brought in a photo booth which was a popular thing going back many years, spurring my son and grandson to decide we needed a "Blackcloud" trip to the booth! Thank goodness they inherited my son's mother's looks!

View attachment 505192 View attachment 505193
Nice rifle range!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fact is, when I was out of the Navy and working for the power company fixing radios in line trucks, this area was unspoiled desert landscape. It's difficult still for me now to see it in the state it is. I applaud progress and capitalism, but sometimes long for older times.

·
Registered
20,892 Posts
BC2, The new homes being built in my small, rural town, are in areas that I used to hunt, close by where I live. They must be for rich folk, because I couldn't afford them!!! They're all about $600,000 and up. Probably for rich Northampton and Westfield people, to relocate away from the city.

The only thing you can expect...........is for things to change. My life is certainly changing, now that I'm a 72 year old man. After totaling my RAV4 in March, I have no desire to replace it. I'll just use Donna's 2019 Carolla, to get around. I even like driving it. It's much improved over the old Carolla econo-boxes.......handles like a sports sedan, and is lots of fun to drive on the back country roads, around here! I probably drive too fast.....but I've always liked driving fast.

That's even a surprise to me!!! I'm going to enjoy my life, from now on. After all, there's only a short time left. :cool: Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts