Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded a couple of semi-automatic handguns. One was a 1911 that I really liked.

After some range work, I am comfortable with this as the permanent car gun (it stays there).

Colt Gold Cup Trophy (2010 production):

This is my new carry weapon. I found it locally as an used gun. It has a few issues including the light idiot scratch. Nonetheless, I can fire it with confidence. It's a good one:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just sold my SA RO champion that I carried for a CZ compact. Nuts, missed the pic boat by a couple months on that one

·
Registered
20,551 Posts
I have a RIA 1911 tactical. Don't really carry it, but I like to shoot it. I carry my XD MOD2 subcompact 45acp though.:) Nice 1911's everyone!

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
I don't always carry a 1911. But, when I do, it's a simple SA 1911-A1 in 9mm ... or a RIA 1911-A1 in .45 ACP. Either one is fine. Will say, the 9mm gets more use for the simple reason it has a tad more capacity and is less expensive to shoot. That makes a difference when it comes time for practice. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
After cutting range grass on a tractor, the Rock ultra 10mm looked like this:

1911 dusty Rock 10mm (5).JPG

Shot off a mag of Double Tap 125gr all copper JHPs (~1600fps) to clean it up before entering the house. :) Very reliable.

I've carried various 1911s for years in all the major calibers at one time for another... 38 Super, 10mm and 45 auto and they have always delivered when needed.

<vertical pic that uploaded horizontal>

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
American Express Card........

Hey S&W,

These two get the "nod"....

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dan Wesson, CCO or this ECO. They get carried in the shoulder holster or IWB.

The Coonan Compact, it's going to be carried as soon as I can find a good holster. About the same weight and size as a 3" 686+, but thinner and reloads with magazines instead of speed loaders. It's been 100% reliable so far.

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Leo,
I sold a Combat Elite with the long recoil rod. It was a great gun, but I needed slim down my 1911's.

It's a weird market around here. I bought back two that I sold (for less). I am not sure why people buy something only to sale it back within a year without even shooting it? :cool:

Oh well, here is one repurchase (produced 2006; 1 of 500):

1 - 20 of 40 Posts