Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Very nice! Do you shoot any of them or are they strictly collectibles?

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey BL,

Well played!

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Nice pea shooters. I have one but it's not nearly as pretty as any of yours, but it does have unique character. Model 48, no dash

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pea shooters. I have one but it's not nearly as pretty as any of yours, but it does have unique character. Model 48, no dash
View attachment 481380

View attachment 481381
I would have that gun nickel plated. The one in the box is a very low number shipped in the first two months. # 368119. The box is way cool. Stamped MRF over K22 and numbered to the gun. Gun show pickup. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,579 Posts
Larry, Those are very nice revolvers. I had to look up what a Model 48 and 53 were. The first is a rimfire and the second is a centerfire cartridge? It looks like they go back to ~1960?
Congrats

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Larry, Those are very nice revolvers. I had to look up what a Model 48 and 53 were. The first is a rimfire and the second is a centerfire cartridge? It looks like they go back to ~1960?
Congrats
Congrats
Yes, 1960. I have one from 1960 and one from 1974. It is 80 numbers from being the last one made. The M53 fires the centerfire 22 Jet. If you are lucky, some were shipped with an auxiliary 22 cylinder. No longer available. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
Two. One 6" and one 8 3/8". Both in original boxes. Thanks, Big Larry
Awesome! I distinctly remember see the ads for them & being quite fascinated. However, I made the mistake of asking myself the practical question, "but what would you DO with it?" Remember, S&W wasn't giving them away!

Should have asked myself, "what will they be worth 50 yrs from now," but I didn't think of that!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome! I distinctly remember see the ads for them & being quite fascinated. However, I made the mistake of asking myself the practical question, "but what would you DO with it?" Remember, S&W wasn't giving them away!

Should have asked myself, "what will they be worth 50 yrs from now," but I didn't think of that!
They still do not bring big bucks. $1,500 is about average for a nice one in the box. Boxes generally go for $300 if you can find one. With the auxiliary 22 cyl. they tend to be over $1,800. Shooting the 22 Jet out of them became problematic, so they only made 15,000 or so. Jet ammo is very expensive, near $100 a box. Not to many people want one of these guns, but some do. I do not shoot mine. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
.22 Jet ammo has become affordable with Prvi Partizan (PPU) now producing it... most ammo sellers are out of stock, but it was selling for between $25-$30 for a 50rd box. I have some but have not had a chance to try it out, I very seldom shoot my 53 anymore with the arthritis in my right hand and shoulder.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
.22 Jet ammo has become affordable with Prvi Partizan (PPU) now producing it... most ammo sellers are out of stock, but it was selling for between $25-$30 for a 50rd box. I have some but have not had a chance to try it out, I very seldom shoot my 53 anymore with the arthritis in my right hand and shoulder.

View attachment 481403
I would kill for a 22 LR cylinder. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Registered
22,113 Posts
Great group of revolvers. Thanks for sharing the pic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts