Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,492 Posts
They look great to me. kfjdrfirii

Nice starter collection. Next you will need:

A model 10, 15, 17, etc. the list goes on and on and never ends. ;) I know that mine doesn't.

·
Registered
81 Posts
From what I see, I think each one exhibits some SERIOUS defects. You'd better not shoot them; it would be unsafe. Send them to me and I'll fix them out for you. Mind you it could take me a year or two to fix everything... lsk705

·
Registered
307 Posts
You have a beautiful collection and good hunting for those yet to come! The Mod. 63 stocks are different in appearance than what I have seen, are they period or of an earlier vintage? Are they original or are they altered? Appears the wood is Walnut, really looks nice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
22M.R.F.
I was wondering if anyone would notice the J frame grips. I have not seen any target or presetation grips made by S&W for a J frame, so I made my own. They are walnut.
Maybe those of you who are more knowledgeable than myself could tell me if S&W made any target or presenation grips for J frames.
I wanted something like the presentation grips for the 63, as anything I have ever tried just didn't fit my hand very well.
I also added case-hardened hammers and triggers to the guns. Just for fun.

John

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already have a 617. :D :D I want to get one of those 617's that Smith made in the early 90's with ho underlug. :D

I've been a member here for a while. I just don't post very often.

Thanks for the feedback.
John

·
Super Moderator
20,133 Posts
Guys and gals,
Nobody mentioned his need for a Model 14 or a Model 19.
The blued and stainless models really looks cool together when you alternate them on the table.
I started with 1 S&W in February and now I own 5 and looking at a couple more already.

Good luck. Once the S&W bug gets you it's unstoppable

·
Registered
307 Posts
jspic, you do good work, the grips are very attractive looking. Hate they are not very comfortable for their purpose. I have done the same thing in my distant past, really good looks but did not make the hand feel at home. Now you know that I and others appreciate the end result of your labors. Oh yea, I like the case hardened hammer and trigger. My Mod. 650 has the same modification, much improved action as a result. Good luck and Good "Gunsmithing". PS: Yes Smith has and I guess they still do make (Market) Target or Presentation grips for the "J". Am not really qualified to advise about present factory practices or products.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.