Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it IS a nice picture, but I'm near certain that it's more the sentiment behind the words that might cause a dog-person's heart to warm a little seeing it...
Thank you for posting that.
No doubt the photograph would evoke sentiments in dog people. It's a simple concept for a photo, and it's probably been done thousands of times in different ways. This one is just one of my own variations on the theme.

There's truth in the photograph for me, though. I don't use the word "teacher" lightly. All of my dogs have taught me different things over the years, and I'm not the same person I was before I started living with dogs. They have also left me with lots of unanswered questions.

I appreciate your commenting on my photograph.

·
Registered
681 Posts
.... All of my dogs have taught me different things over the years, and I'm not the same person I was before I started living with dogs. They have also left me with lots of unanswered questions.
Precisely this. As to the unanswered questions, perhaps across that "Rainbow Bridge" they can tell us. Like why mine lays on the carpet, rubs his face in it and growl-barks. Or why golf carts (totally SILENT golf carts) upset him so...

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dogs are useless creatures. Why does everyone go on and on about them?

Said the liar...
I confess I had never heard of Robert Duncan until I saw the images you posted here. I collected wildlife art and what I call natural art back in the nineties, artists' works from Michigan, the Dakotas, Montana, Alaska, etc., but no one from Utah, so I don't know how he escaped my notice. Anyway, I've now researched him pretty well, and am trying to decide which limited edition print or prints I might want to buy. I might have to go the the secondary market since I don't see the ones in your post shown for sale. We'll see what happens. Thanks for posting those. Oh, and what a great collection of dogs at the top of the stairs!

·
Registered
19,320 Posts
My ex wife was useless as well..... So what?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.