Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from my grandson's birthday party, he's 5 this year, great pizza and ice cream! My ex-wife was there and shared this picture with us which I think is very cool! I didn't see eye-to-eye with my son's mom very often (mostly never), but I adored her mother and aunt! :)

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Very cute! I like their traditional rigs. (y)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cool Picture! There are some Kimono clothing in our closets, given to us by an exchange student that we hosted.
Growing up I never had a lot of appreciation for the people of Asia.
This came mostly from spending time a lot of time around a vet that fought them and still very much resented them. There seemed to be a lot of resentment when I was a kid, for anyone Asian, from the 3 wars that we fought against these people.
People disliked import cars, and some of the old guys gave me crap when I bought a Kawasaki motorcycle in the early 80's.
That said I have had 3 Asian exchange students, including one from Japan last year. All 3 of these kids were wonderful, and the last two were some of the hardest working, and most respectful kids that I have ever been around.
I miss them both, and its is the high point of my day when we hear from them.
If the corona virus ever goes away, I hope to have a couple more of these kids in our home.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A funny side note is that my son has worked with more than one officer that is listed in the ranks as being a minority officer because they declared themselves so when they became an officer, with a declared 1/4 bloodline of either Latino or Black heritage and as such, enjoy certain protections by way of HR rules. My son never did such a thing. However, a couple of years back, his Sergeant, who was a half Asian man and another officer on his squad that is a full American of ethnic Chinese blood, while I happened to be on a citizen ride-along, after a crazy 'full squad' effort, they debriefed in the parking lot of a convenience store/gas station, then decided to vote on where to have a dinner break. They mumbled and stumbled, but the Sarge finally said; "The Asian boys will decide on this one!", my son, the Sarge and Dave the Chinese officer voted for.....pizza, go figure! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts