Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And bought a Ruger Security 9, don’t know much about them, and don’t really criticize his purchases as he his own man. (FYI we had a chat about his Taurus 1911 purchase) nevertheless anyone got one of these? I’m not a plastic gun fan, but have a few bottom feeders..

Thewelshm

·
Premium Member
12,447 Posts
A cost reduced version of the Ruger pistol...

The engineering looks similar to, and followed the "Ruger American" pistol. I have one of them, and it's an outstanding firearm.

As a rule, I don't recommend the cost reduced versions of a manufacturer's firearms, but the Security 9 seems decently made and designed.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I generally like the Rugers. I own a few, but not that one. No matter what he gets in a Ruger, he's better off than he would be with the Taurus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I never thought much of the Security 9's, except that they were "cheap" handguns. My parents decided to buy a couple last summer during the "peaceful protests" to upgrade their home defense armory from the 5-shot J-frames that had been their bedside guns.

I wound up putting almost 800 rounds through each one and was pleasantly surprised...enough that I bought both my sons an S9 each for Christmas this past year and myself one a few months ago as a knock-around gun (to carry in tankbag/saddlebags on my dual-sport, etc.). I've got @ 2k rounds between the three of ours with zero issues. It's not a sexy gun, but it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts