Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A police awards ceremony that was restricted to the officers only, no family or friends allowed, which was okay with me because I got to pick my two youngest grandkids up from school, spend some time with them and drop the young gal off at gymnastics. This was for the Police Chief’s Unit Award, which resulted in 30 officers being recognized for their efforts in a large scale organized crime bust, a first for my son to be awarded with. In two weeks he’ll be back for another event where he will be awarded another Medal of Life Saving commendation (his 3rd), which I suspect will happen at a larger venue as has been the historic practice, today’s activity was at the main downtown Police Headquarters, but with continuing COVID lunacy, who knows. I’m happy knowing at that event one of his squad mates will be receiving an award for suffering a terrible injury where his foot was ran over by a mad man in a car, intent on killing cops. My son’s fellow officer purposely drove his squad car in front of the threat, having his foot broken in 6 places as a result, but it saved the life of my son and another officer who would surely have been ran over and likely killed. The monster behind the wheel backed up and tried it again, but my son had now been given the needed time to end the threat forever…in today’s political, cop hating world, my son’s necessary actions not only won’t be recognized by a medal, it’s not even talked about, except by the cops who were involved. That’s all cool with me because my boy is alive due to actions from a deserving man who suffered great physical pain and permanent physical damage in sacrifice to his brothers. It was funny when the kids asked why their dad wasn’t picking them up because this was his day off and I told them he was getting an award and would be getting another in 2 weeks for saving someone from dying. They said they didn’t know anything about it and then asked me a question that caught me a bit off guard; “Papa, is our daddy a hero?” I thought about it and said that yes he is, but that their mom is a hero too for saving the lives of sick kids at the hospital. Their response was a simple; “Okay”. I have no idea if what I said took hold and I don’t really know where and why the question came about, they obviously heard about the subject of a hero somewhere, but what I told them was sincere, it’s the best this old ‘Papa’ had to offer at the time in crazy traffic! :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks to your Son, and the rest of those who are putting on the uniform everyday, and serving their community.

Reactions: Blackcloud2
1 - 4 of 4 Posts