Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a big knife guy, but my son sent this picture saying he bought if from an SAU (SWAT) officer in his department that makes them and apparently has a company that produces them. Looks to me like it's made for some serious work, whatever that might be! ;)

SAU knife.png

·
Registered
431 Posts
If one were to look at that knife from an LEO perspective I think that finger ring would be great for breaking a car window.

Hector

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BC
Very nice.
Two of them and a rivet would make a great pair of scissors.
[email protected]
By the way, last week my wife and I met for lunch for seafood at a fabulous place in Phoenix, "Pappadeaux" with a good friend of ours, I met him and knew him as the only 'friendly face' when I got a job at APS out of the Navy,....a Marine for God's sake! He's soon to turn 80, was in Viet Nam as a Marine and later as a radio manufacturer Tech Adviser, but just a great man! As a Marine he was in Yuma in the very early 60's (before the war) and even then started collecting firearms, when I first met him in 1980, he had an arsenal that stunned me and he still has a respectable collection today, even though he had to sell much for legal bills. That aside, he told me he had an M1-Garand and I mentioned you and your knowledge of the subject and while outside the place, waiting for Mrs. BC2 who was visiting the ladies room, he noted he had purchased 1000 rounds of military 30-06 from a foreign country because modern, commercial 30-06 ammo could damage the old WW-II Garands??? I did some research on it and it seems my old "Jar Head" friend might be correct. Can you provide more on the subject, I'm curious because it was clearly news to me.

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
That knife seems to be a hybrid of a Karambit and a Tanto. It will be a pretty serious slasher considering how the finger ring make it a palm knife instead of being held like a regular stabbing or camp knife is designed. It looks to be well done.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
The pressures for the "M1 Garand" 30-06 is about 10-15% lower than modern hunting ammo. He should only shoot ammo designed specifically made for the 1903 Springfield / M1 Garand so it's OP rod isn't damaged from shooting the modern ammo. There is a special adjustable gas plug that can be purchassed called a "Schuster Plug" that can be used to adjust the gas pressure in the Garand that makes it capable of shooting modern ammo without damaging the Garand.
Lastly, M1 ball that is designed for the Garand is much less expensive than hunting 30-06 ammo. So buy all of the " surplus" Garand ammo you can, and there will be no fears of blowing up the Garand.

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
By the way, last week my wife and I met for lunch for seafood at a fabulous place in Phoenix, "Pappadeaux" with a good friend of ours,
OMG, I love pappadeux there. They also have a restaurant in the northern suburbs of Chicago, and the food is to die for. I'm certain you enjoyed your dinners there as much as I ahve.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
...The pressures for the "M1 Garand" 30-06 is about 10-15% lower than modern hunting ammo. He should only shoot ammo designed specifically made for the 1903 Springfield / M1 Garand so it's OP rod isn't damaged from shooting the modern ammo...
Interesting! I am not a garland person but for decades we have suffered with less than potential loads in 45-70 and a couple of others because of worries about old firearms and modern ammunition. But with the 06, they load it hotter than what it needs to be for the garland.

Kevin

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Hey BC2,

Wow! Bet ya can cut an "Isusuzu" plum in HALF w/that!! :D

A bit of "brass knuckle" action on the "pinky"....

That is a "complete tool"!!

Where do I order one? (I really like it)

Later, Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts