Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie around here however have been an avid handgunner for a while now. I was online the other day looking for a SIGMA SW9VE w/ a setup similar to mine and was not able to find one so I thought I would post a thread & pics showing the aftermarket mods I've made to this cheap pistol that I have a lot of fun shooting with friends & family. Here is a quick summary of what I have added to the stock SW9VE that I purchased from Buds on a whim about a year ago:
  • TDR 911 Rail Mounted Red Laser
  • Hi-Viz Fiber Optic Front Sight
  • Hogue Slip-On Grip
  • Trigger Job by S&W (Trigger felt gritty when I purchased the gun)
  • Hand Polished Barrel

I know there are hundreds of threads on this forum regarding this cheapo pistol & many folks dislike this pistol, but I wanted to share the mods I have made to mine. I personally have a lot of fun shooting this in the woods around our lake house & at the local ranges in the area. I have not had any problems with this pistol and have about 1,200 rounds thru it currently. To be honest, I have had more issues with my more expensive pistols (S&W, Glock, EAA, Taurus). I would be very comfortable relying on this pistol for self defense if necessary, but I like to carry a 6906 as my weapon of choice. If anyone has any questions regarding the mods I've made, please do not hesitate to ask. God Bless America!

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Electronic device Gun Firearm Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior Camera Cameras & optics Point-and-shoot camera Photography Camera lens Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Bumper

The red round in the chamber that you can only barely see is a snap cap I was using for some dry fire laser practice before taking these pics.

·
Banned
744 Posts
first off welcome to the forum very nice pictures as well of the upgrades you did how does it shoot now? and how much do you have into the gun if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum, I am glad to be in presence of this many S&W fans like myself. Below is a breakdown of the costs for the mods:

Pistol Price from Buds $289

•TDR 911 Rail Mounted Red Laser - $69
•Hi-Viz Fiber Optic Front Sight - $25
•Hogue Slip-On Grip - $10
•Trigger Job by S&W (Trigger felt gritty when I purchased the gun) - FREE warranty "repair"
•Hand Polished Barrel - Free, did it myself with Mothers Polish & terry cloths

Total = Just under $400

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the Sigma 40 with a TDK 911 laser and love it. Is your laser manually activated or by a magnetic switch? Mine is controlled by a TDK holster with a magnet which activates the laser when the gun is drawn
I also installed a lighter spring to reduce the trigger pull and polished the trigger component’s. This eliminated my only complaint about the gun. I have put my 1911 in the safe and am now carrying the Sigma.

I’ve fired about 2000 rounds thru it with out a malfunction and am totally pleased with the accuracy.
Jack

NRA Life Member

·
Banned
744 Posts
I have the Sigma 40 with a TDK 911 laser and love it. Is your laser manually activated or by a magnetic switch? Mine is controlled by a TDK holster with a magnet which activates the laser when the gun is drawn
I also installed a lighter spring to reduce the trigger pull and polished the trigger component’s. This eliminated my only complaint about the gun. I have put my 1911 in the safe and am now carrying the Sigma.

I’ve fired about 2000 rounds thru it with out a malfunction and am totally pleased with the accuracy.
Jack

NRA Life Member
ory any pictures of your sigma? we all would like to see it :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Jack

NRA Life Member
I was going back & forth on the holster'd laser with the auto on/off & the laser with manual switch when I was ordering mine. I went ahead with the manual on/off switch just becasue I very rarely holster this gun. I think the auto on/off model you have is a great option to have, especially if you holster your pistol often. Can you give me more details about the spring you went with? What brand & what lb. spring?

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Starting pistol Revolver Airsoft gun Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun Badge Emblem Symbol Here you go Johnchamp:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Revolver whats up guys new here as well not trying to hijack thread just wanted show off my sigma as well with some before and after pics of some upgrades

what i did it to is was the following:

painted slide
added green dot mepro night sights

added pachmayr grip

polished center of barell

and added sr3 red dot laser slim fit Shotgun Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory Revolver

·
Registered
2 Posts
here are pics of what i did to mine hope you like it

slide painted

sr3 stingray slim laser mounted

3dot green dot meprolight night sights

pachmayr grip

ploisshed center barell here are some before and after pics Shotgun Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory Revolver Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Revolver

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
The Wolff guide is a good update with the option of different spring tensions to tune for us reloaders that shoot different bullet weights and velocities. I do not like the fact that it is an uncaptured rod.
i will be adding the captured guide rod on my list shortly.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Very nice gents, tanks for sharing. I like the external mods, but lighter trigger pull mod l00ks really sweet. Mine is plain jane except for parkerized top of slide. Shoots like a champ, A+ for reliability, eats any ammo & fun to shoot. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well apart from the laser sight and the polish job (I've been strongly considering it, though), I have pretty much the same setup on my Sigma. It's the .40 but hey, you wouldn't know unless you looked closely, haha!

Trigger mod (wow is all I can say)
Hi-Viz GL2006 front sight
Hogue slip-on

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! I just want to thank you for your help with tips on what i hope is a great gun for me ! Just got mine 6/1/12
havent even tried it out yet! Spent the last two days reviewing lasers. Trying to find something that would fit the sigma well. Also function with a holster well . Again thank you

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Prior to cleaning Pic ...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts