Smith And Wesson Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
I know the Smith and Wesson purists won’t like my actual first line of home defense, but when you’re raised in the years that I was in Somerton AZ, we tend to handle business with a minimal amount of ballistics. This gal has actually seen action and the unwanted recipient probably would have voted for a gunshot wound! ;)

Bat.jpeg

I may be slow, but I’m not completely stupid as some would have you believe and I long ago realized that I needed to bolster my home defense methodology a bit… the sound of whizzing bullets over-head is a real motivator too I might add! So here you go with the shooting options I keep close at hand.

64 right.JPG best.JPG Mod 66 2nd.jpg Model 60 right.JPG

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Day and night ... S&W 66 loaded w/ 125 gr. JHP Rem .38 Plus P. In the car on the road - P226 Legion in 9mm. If I am watching WWII war movies ... 1911-A1 loaded with 230 gr. FMJ's. Back up is a V-42 reproduction. Deep cover backup is a Benchmade Auto-Presidio. Last ditch is a Auto-Benchmite. :). Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Choices, choices....

The 65-4 is most handy.

After Fuzzy Puppy gets a taste kfjdrfirii

From a Breeder's site:

"Schutzhund training is not encouraged nor recommended for this breed and there is a contractual requirement that Schutzhund, personal protection or any other similar training must never be introduced to an Anatolian." They tend to be more wolflike and don't "turn off" on command.

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
I keep handy......whatever I happen to carry that day. Right now, I favor of my 9mm. Ruger LC9s. ;) I don't keep guns hidden around my house, just need that one, if somebody is stupid enough to break in!!! There's one thing about dealing with an old man.........I'll just shoot ya' where you stand.....and I don't give them any warning.....either! fovn;;pmokfjdrfirii Bob

·
Registered
384 Posts
New to the forum so I'll chime in...CZ P10 nightstand, Smith 642 in kitchen, Sig p365 on me always outside home.
Those are some good choices, and welcome to the forum, and go to the intro page to introduce yourself.:D
That is a great user name, I have thought about using it myself on other forums.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks! They are definitely an early warning system with a lot of deterrent. If by near the bed you mean in the bed, absolutely! They are better bed heaters than security!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have an update to this thread. The almost 13yr old 101lb female on the right passed away in December and has been substituted for a 4yr old 119lb male. So almost 250lb of early warning system to get me to a handgun which would then theoretically get me to the safe and a rifle of some sorts, whichever is not packed in the truck for travels around the eastern US, meaning whatever is least likely to trigger a felony infringement upon my human right to defend myself. Additionally, the dogs do present a wonderful traveling safety deterrent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41 - 51 of 51 Posts