Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wish I'd have paid more attention over the years when revolver trade-in's were more readily available at low prices, but I didn't take proper advantage. This one I bought as a clean up project because it was scratched and obviously carried a lot in it's day, but little evidence of being shot much. I worked it over with "Mothers Mag" polish and added some stocks from Thailand. At the time I could have bought several in the same condition, cleaned them up and turned a good profit, but sadly I didn't. Let's see some trade-in's that we can all enjoy! :)

flat.JPG right.JPG

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
Here are a couple:

Model 65-4 (Agency unknown)
Model65.jpg

4566 TSW (Durham County, NC)
DSC0251sns.jpg

Model 10-11 (Victoria Australia)
Model10-11_1ns.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
My 4566 came from a dealer in Raleigh (PDSC) that had a small number of the 4566 TSW pistols surplus from Durham County. If you got your's in the area, it's likely one of the family. I think it's the only agency in the area that used this model. Some of them in the case had the original grips like yours, and others had the rubber ones like mine.

Reactions: Oldgungeezer

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Here is the only one I have that has a confirmed law enforcement background. 28-2 Highway Patrolman from 1977
DSCN2540.JPG DSCN2542.JPG
It has a label under the right grip along the bottom of the grip frame that says it is the property of the King County Sheriff's Department with a rack number.

This one I suspect may be a former LEO gun. It is an early 13-1 built on an overstamped 10-6 frame.
20150422_153709.jpg 20150422_153759.jpg
I probably ought to get it lettered.

·
Registered
21,974 Posts
My one and only police trade in...64-8. Had to clean it up and replace the torn up grips. All in all it came out pretty nice. :)

20190127_112651.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
I don't have any anymore. I've got a 10-5 that I suspect was either a police or security sidearm, but no markings to verify that.

I used to have a Model 15-3 that was stamped DPS 1595 (IIRC). No idea what department it might have been. And I had a 1939 Colt Official Police 38, with a 4" barrel. On the backstrap it was stamped "Treasury Department Secret Service." Obviously a uniform officers gun.

I kept that one a few months, then sold it to a Colt Collector in Georgia (We both had C&R's at the time.) To me it was just another gun. To him it filled a niche in his collection.

Reactions: Leo918 and Curt360
1 - 19 of 19 Posts