Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, it is not rare to anyone but me.

I bought in new w/ no box in a cash deal (laws were different back then). I found out 20+ years later that it has matching stocks.

So, I later buy two K-frame Model 19-3 4" revolvers. These are dated to 3-1973 and 8-1973. Go figure as I only own three K-frames shipped from the factory within 5 months.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
I love skinny barrel Model 10-5's. :D (y) A 5" one was my mom's carry piece so the love goes way back.

Reactions: jeepnut and Cliff

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Have you shot them or just let them be in the condition you bought them?

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you shot them or just let them be in the condition you bought them?
The Model 10-5 was my main weapon for 20+ years. Yes, it has been fired at paper targets.

I did have to show it on two occasions:

I took a cute date (I was not married then) to a rock and roll concert at the old Omni location and parked in an "off grid" place. Two black dudes came after me after the show. I told her to sit down when I showed them the Model 10-5 from my glove compartment. They went away (the 10-5 was not loaded -ammo was under the backseat).

It was time to load (all legal).

My second encounter was a few years later with my former UGA roommate (a guy). We went to the football game and stayed late to celebrate a win. As before, two black dudes again targeted me as unarmed. They were hoping to rob us and maybe steal my car.

I was loaded this time with a witness. I would have fired on them. They ran away.

I am always locked and loaded today.

·
Registered
18,261 Posts
Those 19s are very nice and special. The 10-5 is just pure business. You are lucky to have had the 10-5 when you needed it. Agree, today must be llocked and loaded all the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's what I've been packing every day. It does what I need. With Safariland speedloaders, it reloads pretty dang fast and reliably (well, my preferred lead SWCHP's hang up on the back of the cylinder pretty bad, and are more difficult to shift into alignment. Hard cast wadcutters, though, slide in pretty quick.)

101_3369_800x600.JPG

·
Registered
23,469 Posts
Very nice 10-5 1911! Been looking for a model 10 "snubby" to add to the collection, as of yet I am lacking. Those models 19's are sweet. Love my commemorative 19-4. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
My LGS has one of those Texas Ranger Model 19's, with the Bowie knife, in the presentation case. I looked at it hard, and tried to twist my arm, but they just liked it more than I did. I ended up with the Pennsylvania one instead.

Nice guns you got though. Makes me think maybe I picked the wrong one. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts