Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, it is not rare to anyone but me.

I bought in new w/ no box in a cash deal (laws were different back then). I found out 20+ years later that it has matching stocks.

So, I later buy two K-frame Model 19-3 4" revolvers. These are dated to 3-1973 and 8-1973. Go figure as I only own three K-frames shipped from the factory within 5 months.

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
I love skinny barrel Model 10-5's. :D (y) A 5" one was my mom's carry piece so the love goes way back.

Reactions: jeepnut and Cliff

·
Premium Member
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you shot them or just let them be in the condition you bought them?
The Model 10-5 was my main weapon for 20+ years. Yes, it has been fired at paper targets.

I did have to show it on two occasions:

I took a cute date (I was not married then) to a rock and roll concert at the old Omni location and parked in an "off grid" place. Two black dudes came after me after the show. I told her to sit down when I showed them the Model 10-5 from my glove compartment. They went away (the 10-5 was not loaded -ammo was under the backseat).

It was time to load (all legal).

My second encounter was a few years later with my former UGA roommate (a guy). We went to the football game and stayed late to celebrate a win. As before, two black dudes again targeted me as unarmed. They were hoping to rob us and maybe steal my car.

I was loaded this time with a witness. I would have fired on them. They ran away.

I am always locked and loaded today.

·
Registered
30,117 Posts
Very nice 10-5 1911! Been looking for a model 10 "snubby" to add to the collection, as of yet I am lacking. Those models 19's are sweet. Love my commemorative 19-4. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
My LGS has one of those Texas Ranger Model 19's, with the Bowie knife, in the presentation case. I looked at it hard, and tried to twist my arm, but they just liked it more than I did. I ended up with the Pennsylvania one instead.

Nice guns you got though. Makes me think maybe I picked the wrong one. :)

·
Premium Member
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I say never look back.

I use one of them everyday now.

Just saying, but I carried both of them on separate occasions.. No one said anything to me (I have a carry license for both).

I'd like to buy another set if you see one FS. I am a sucker for an early nice rare S&W 19-3 (all made in 1973) with a the Blackie Collins knife, and the wood box.

There is no doubt to me that S&W spend extra time on them. The cylinder rotation and smoothness of the action relates to an earlier era.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Nice gun mate shot her in good health and often..

thewlshm

·
Premium Member
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope all is well with everyone.

This is a very small part of the internet of things, but I like the old pinned and recessed revolvers..

I say a S&W P&R 5-screw with target stocks and Patridge front sights are great guns.

It's nothing better than lining up the front sights within the rear sights. The trigger action is perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts