Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I shouldn't have thought the Model 24 I picked up last week would be the last gun this year after all.
I just picked up 2 more yesterday. My shop had a Sig P238 come in on trade, and I still had the new Glock 20 in lay-a-way. I traded in some long guns that I hadn't touched in the past 10 years, and traded in some ammo for guns I don't have anymore. I got way more for them than I had ever hoped for, and enough money to cover the cost of both pistols. I need to pick up the Glock this afternoon.

No more promises for 2020. I can only hope 2021 is just as good for me.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I'm trying to resist, myself. It's not easy.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
15,303 Posts
Nicely done Gregory. I have been looking at what ammo is going for and looking at my supply and I keep thinking that dang, one of my 250 round bulk packs of UMC 9mm ammo is worth nearly half a firearm right now. Ultimately I will keep the ammo since I have guns in that caliber, but I think I have a box of 308 around here, with no gun in that caliber

·
Super Moderator
19,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm not managing any restraint or control here. They keep coming into the store, and I keep buying them.
I think that CajunBass and I have something in common now. I got the Sig with box, 2 mags and everything else for just $450 out the door.

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
12,295 Posts
Nice gets gearchecker. I had a pretty quiet 2020 but rewarding.

I bought three; my 10-9 which allowed me to complete my Model 10 collection (Model 10ND through 10-10)

I finally got a .38/44 Heavy Duty

and a sweet K38 Combat Masterpiece

I hope 2021 is as nice to me.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'm not showing any control here. they kepp coming into the store, and I keep buying them.
I think that CajunBass and I have something in common now. I got the Sig with box, 2 mags and everything else for just $450 out the door.
Good deal. That Rainbow only ever came with one 6 round mag, so you got the extra one that someone bought. When I bought mine (new) SIG had a "two mags and a bag" promotion, so not only did I get a good deal on the price I paid, I got $80+ worth of free magazines. That brought the price down to close to what you just paid, but I then had the one 6 round mag and the two 7 round mags.

The little bag was cute but useless for my range needs so I gave it away. You saw the size of my range bag when you were here!

Note: You might want to cut two small pieces of Scotch transparent tape to cover each side of the hammer gap at the very rear of the slide, if you shoot the gun outside on a sunny day. The reflection off of the very back of the slide can be as blinding as the glare from the rear windshield of the car in front of you when the sun is "just right."

----- Has Corlinda claimed it as hers yet?

·
Super Moderator
19,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
----- Has Corlinda claimed it as hers yet?
No, she has one of her own that's a 2 tone, and thinks I'm silly for buying this one.
I already have the Walther PPS that I carry nearly all the time. I wanted a P238 for the times when I'm wearing a dress shirt that has to be tucked in. I can slip this into my ankle holster, and still have something with me if I ever need one.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
....she has two tone.....
for wearing a dress shirt.......
......Tell her I have three.........and then see if she claims the rainbow........... 🤭 ...or keep silent....🤐

I also have three Remora Glock magazine holsters that came free with buying Remora holsters for our Glocks, years ago. Those make PERFECT pocket holsters for the P238's, and the Kimber .380 Micro, and if you figure how to draw so the edge of the Remora hits the top edge of your pants pocket, it slips out very nicely. If not, holster and all come out. But it was a nice surprise to find that we had some free holsters for the wee guns! The Kimber Micro .380 fits in hubby's ankle holster also so he has options.

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Hey Gear,

29 days left.... :ROFLMAO:

I recently saw 45acp ammo for .........................$75/box! (I may just be RICH!) :LOL:

Fine pair of 21st Century Firearms!

Later, Mark

Reactions: nmshieldshooter

·
Super Moderator
19,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I recently saw 45acp ammo for .........................$75/box! (I may just be RICH!) :LOL:
We just finished selling our allotment from last week, at $20 a box

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Reactions: Injunbro
1 - 17 of 17 Posts