Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking at this 1913-vintage Smith & Wesson Model of 1905 for the past month and decided today to buy it. The finish is well worn, but according to the seller it is in excellent mechanical condition. It appears to be 100% original and still has the Smith & Wesson checkered walnut medallion grips. I paid the asking price of $395 for it. I've had better looking and more expensive Smith & Wessons over the past 45 years or so, but this one caught my eye for some reason. For the price, considering what some people are asking for firearms today, I do not think it was out of line. Any opinions would be most appreciated. Good, bad or indifferent.

Brown Gun Firearm Ammunition Trigger
Brown Photograph White Revolver Black
Yellow Gun Photograph Firearm White
Product Line Metal Grey Cylinder
Product Fashion accessory Metal Brass Jewellery
Gun Firearm Ammunition Revolver Trigger
Product Brown Photograph Technology Line
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Photograph Grey Snapshot Circle Silver
Finger Photograph Joint Machine Snapshot
Product Property Photograph Plumbing fixture Metal

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If all the serial numbers match, including the stocks, and it is tight with a good bore, It's a keeper at the purchase price.
Very nice patina on that revolver. Big Larry
All visible serial numbers match. Frame, cylinder, and barrel. I can't say about the grips because I do not have the gun in my hand, it's still in Oregon awaiting shipping. According to the seller it is in excellent mechanical condition because I asked him if it was in time and operated smoothly in both double and single action without any problems and he assured me it did.

·
Registered
558 Posts
All visible serial numbers match. Frame, cylinder, and barrel. I can't say about the grips because I do not have the gun in my hand, it's still in Oregon awaiting shipping. According to the seller it is in excellent mechanical condition because I asked him if it was in time and operated smoothly in both double and single action without any problems and he assured me it did.
Matching stocks will elevate the value of the gun. Ask the seller to check if it has not been shipped. As you can tell, I am a collector and not so much a shooter. Big Larry

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It has arrived! This was delivered to my front door earlier this afternoon. A Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector, Model of 1905, Third Change, 38 Special. It came out of Oregon. The blued finish is rather well worn, but mechanically it operates flawlessly. The timing is perfect, like it just came out of the box. It is an all matching numbers revolver and the color case hardening on both the hammer and trigger are both still strong and vibrant. I'll be ordering a factory letter for it later in the week. According to S&W Historian Roy Jinks it was manufactured in January of 1913. It has been "Used but not abused." And it has a real "Look" to it as if it's seen a lot in the past 107 years.

Revolver Trigger Wood Air gun Gun barrel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts