Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for one for at least a year now. Honestly I was hoping I would run across a M&P 45 full sized semi-auto but they're like hens teeth. All of them are, in fact. I lucked into finding this Springfield XDM at a local gun store, it was on consignment for $500 and it looks like it's never been fired, at least as far as I can tell. Excellent condition, no wear at all.

My 1911 will definitely get the job done, but I wanted a high capacity 45 in my stable just in case. I've already ordered tritium sights, a third mag, and a holster for it.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
I have the same one and it is very accurate and reliable. I little fat for my hands but it shoots so well!

I want to put fiber optic sights on it but SA sights are near impossible to take off so it would cost be a Gun Smith charge, They do not just drift off!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it's a handful but I have big hands and it fits them perfectly. But, then again my 1911 does too, and it's much skinnier.

Yes, I've changed sights on the Springfield plastico guns before and it's not fun. I have a guy at the gun store that will change them for $20, only takes him a few minutes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice.

Springfield makes good reliable autoloaders.

I went the other way, opting for the slimmest. XDs 45ACP. Even reliably feeds my 200gr SWC. I never carry it, but if I did want to carry a 45 I'd have no doubts with this one.

View attachment 526747
If I hadn't gone with the Shield Plus (9mm), that's the gun I would have bought. That is a really good looking gun, I've shot the 9mm XDS but not that 45.

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Hey Tex,

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
30,172 Posts
Congrats on a nice score! Nice pistols. When I was in search of a subcompact 45ACP I chose the XD MOD2 SA subcompact and I love it . Nice to know I can send 13+1 down range if needed. A quality handgun at a great price. You did well. Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on a nice score! Nice pistols. When I was in search of a subcompact 45ACP I chose the XD MOD2 SA subcompact and I love it . Nice to know I can send 13+1 down range if needed. A quality handgun at a great price. You did well. Enjoy yours.
I too have a XD Mod2 subcompact in 45, it's in my concealed carry lineup and I wouldn't part with it. I can't believe that Springfield stopped making it, they seemed to drop everything and run with the smaller 9mm's and ignore all their other stuff. Too bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts