Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mrgreen: Here's a couple of pics of my new carry gun that has replaced my S&W 642 revolver. This gun was purchased by me a few weeks ago and I believe it was new in box, basically. Seems a local police chief always bought his guns in pairs, one for him, one for his son. Apparently the son had no interest in this 469 and it sat in the box since the early 80's. Now it's mine. Shot it yesterday for the second time and it just runs perfect with zero issues. Very accurate, 13 rounds instead of 5 with the J-frame, and I can hit things much easier. I plan on taking care of the new girl and keeping her nice and new looking. I may have paid too much at $450 but you just don't see them like this too often. Thanks for checking it out, Shoo

·
Registered
549 Posts
Shoo, amigo, you're killing me! :) Looking at that 469 takes me back to 1985 when I wanted one soooooo bad, but could never find one (and probably couldn't have afforded it if I could have found one).

You just don't see them in that condition anymore. Wow - like I said, looking at it really takes me right back. Except I don't think that they had berber carpet back then . . . ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Eric, Nice to hear from you Bro ! The 469 is a sweetheart. I had planned on the CZ Rami being my carry gun but sold it to my buddy when I had problems with my NICS backround check not long ago. Got very frustrated and thought I'd never be able to buy another gun, so like I said, sold it off before I ever even owned it. I do remember discussing the CZ with you back then. My lawyer sent a letter to the court I had problems with over 30 years ago and I got a letter from the court for relief from civil disabilities. And yes counselor, I know you know what that is ! Anyway, NICS checks go smoothly now.
I had better not show you the gorgeous Browning Hi-Power Practical I traded for recently....... thanks buddy, Shoo

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Yo Shoo!

That's a beauty!

Don't forget that you can carry series 59 magazines for back up with a few more rounds in each!

Looks like you did well at $450....

Drew

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Rndy, more than 10 rounds in NY! Blasphemy, someone could get hurt. I'm telling! :mrgreen:
Very nice my friend. A little jealous...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Shoo- WELCOME!! Here is mine, although shown here before. By the way, if you might not know, MDL 59 magazines will fit, they just extend out the bottom a bit. I have a EXTENDED 59 mag still in the package, just in case. This version was a special edition from the supplier and says so on the box- ASHLAND I believe.:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
;) Thanks to all you guys for the nice comments. Hey Tusker, that is a beauty and a fantastic picture ! Someone else had also mentioned the 59 series mags to me. I actually just bought two more 12 rounders, for a total of four, so I should be all set. Take care guys, Shoo

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know I'm late on this but, nice lookin' gun. I read stories of you guys finding these great deals and it just makes me keep lookin that much harder. I think you gave a fair price for what is essentially a brand new gun. Keep sending in these stories guys, it keeps the site interesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts