Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 1957 Marlin that fits in perfectly with my S&W revolvers (by age). It's an early 1957 (they changed mid-1957 like S&W did on some 1950's stuff).

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
Beautiful Marlin rim fire there! I used to have one that was newer, now in possession of my niece, it was one I inherited from my Granddad so keeping it in the family.

·
Registered
28,348 Posts
Nice gun! I, unfortunately, did not have great luck with my 39A - it kept breaking firing pins, a LOT; Marlin had no answer except to keep sending me more of them..............I bought that in the 80s

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
My 39Ms firing pin was a little too long, so I filed it down some. Probably a little too much, but it still sets them off.

Yours may have needed a few file strokes to keep the firing pin from bottoming out.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Any Marlin you can buy right now is a great pick up since Marlin announced they are going out of business ..

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any Marlin you can buy right now is a great pick up since Marlin announced they are going out of business ..
That is not entirely true. I called them yesterday for a part. I got a tracking number today. I am not a buyer of new guns at all (the new fake-wood stocks and lawyer safeties are not my deal). The newest gun in my accumulation is 45 years old. :)

There is a large Marlin message board owned by the same folks as this board. These guys got me started with my first Marlin. Check it out:

Marlin Firearms Forum

Reactions: jeepnut
1 - 10 of 10 Posts