Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum,

i bought yesterday this beutifull Revolver . I Think it`s a Model 3 / 1877 and the Grips seems to be not original!? What you think about my new sweetheart!

The Serial is 71866. The Prise was 150,- Euro, was it a fair Price?

Regards Padrino

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,072 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! I believe that is a .32 Single Action, Model 1 and 1/2, center fire. I think you paid an excellent price for it. It would probably sell for twice that amount in the US. The grips look fine to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice to hear, the look of the Grips seems to be unused no scratches ! Have you knowledge about reloading amo for this Revolver?

·
Premium Member
21,072 Posts
You can shoot modern .32 S&W ammo in it with no problem. Just use load data from your reloading manual for .32 S&W if you want to reload. Black powder is simple. Just fill the casing with FFg about 1/16" over bullet seat depth.

·
Premium Member
21,072 Posts
Yes. When smokeless cartridges became available in .32 S&W and other cartridges, the cartridge manufacturers made sure the older top breaks could safely fire it. In 1907, S&W stated that it warranted its top break guns against failure with commercial smokeless cartridges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts